vb:literal>

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Greater Unity Area Event

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Just a reminder before you fill up your busy social calendars for next week . . .

May 2nd
    5 p.m.
    Unity Barn Raisers Community Building on School St.

Myself (and any other geocachers who would like to help out) will be introducing geocaching to the Unity Barn Raisers Trail Committee. These are the folks who have graciously allowed us to place many caches on their trails. They specifically asked for a hands-on demonstration and this may be a great chance to get some new converts . . . or at the very least show our gratitude to these folks.

I know a few of you here have expressed interest in being there. Can I have a "hand count" to see who believes they can make it? The more geocachers, the merrier . . . as we can then let the UBR folks use the GPSrs without having to have 10 or 12 of them crowd around a single receiver . . . besides we need some of the vaunted Garmin GPSrs there to show up my Magellan GPSr, right?

So . . . who thinks they can attend?

1. Firefighterjake
    2. Smitty & Co.

P.S. To thank those of you who do show up I'll treat you to a pizza at the Unity House of Pizza afterwards . . . it's close, quick and tastes great.
    Added myself to the list
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I'll ask the wife, but im a pretty sure almost maybe yes
    Great . . . on two accounts. 1) I will sincerely appreciate the help and 2) It will be nice to meet you . . . although having the two of us in the same area might be a sign of the Apocalypse.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    Added myself to the list
    That would be great Smitty . . . it will be nice to meet you as well.

That makes three of us . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

so far it's looking good, i just have to find a way to get out of work early...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

so far it's looking good, i just have to find a way to get out of work early...
    Would it help if I could come up with some sort of electrical emergency at the Community Center . . . like . . . uh . . . a geocacher was convinced that the micro was hidden on a nearby electrical transformer and they were electrocuted and half of Unity now has no electricity and Sci Fi is running a 24-hours of Star Trek marathon?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Would it help if I could come up with some sort of electrical emergency at the Community Center . . . like . . . uh . . . a geocacher was convinced that the micro was hidden on a nearby electrical transformer and they were electrocuted and half of Unity now has no electricity and Sci Fi is running a 24-hours of Star Trek marathon?
    it would have to be more refrigeration related, call in and say that the community beer cooler is down, the txv is all iced up and the SG is flashing clear, and that the compressor is short cycling and the tstat is down to 25 but the box temp is up to 65... that'lll get some people scrambling...

I hope to attend if things go OK at work tomorrow. Looks like it is going to be a rainy cold day. Will you postpone the field trip or do you have a backup plan GPS demo or something similiar planned?
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by steverph
    I hope to attend if things go OK at work tomorrow. Looks like it is going to be a rainy cold day. Will you postpone the field trip or do you have a backup plan GPS demo or something similiar planned?
    Great . . . that would make 3-4 of us.

I'm hoping to access my work e-mail to see if the UBRaisers have e-mailed me anything about holding it, rescheduling, etc. As soon as I know anything (or figure out how to access my e-mail from home) I'll post the info here . . . at this time I'm assuming it's still on for 5 p.m.

Incidentally, in case anyone was wondering. Here are the coords for the Community Center.

N 44.36.669
    W 069.20.139

im gunna try hard to be there, only time will tell...

im gunna try hard to be there, only time will tell...
    If you can make it, great. If not, completely understandable. Thanks Hiram.