vb:literal>

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Greater Unity Area Event

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I assume you're talking about a work detail . . . or are you available for helping out on an introductory class to geocaching on May 2nd?
    I'll make myself available for both
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    I'll make myself available for both
    Thanks Smitty. I'll post up some possible dates/work projects when I get them . . . and I'll hopefully see you on May 2nd then at 5 p.m. Do you know where the Community Building is in Unity (School Street, old Mason Lodge . . . of course I suppose I could go there and just post the coords for you. )
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hey sounds good, maybe this will get some more locals to appreciate Caching, I have marked this in My palm pilot, and hope that in between Mt. View Varsity Baseball game schedule of which my son plays for. I can slip up there. It may be difficult to make it there by 5, However i have tenetivly marked this down with no promises but would be glad to add my two cents in and my pro garmin opinion... If I become available, I have spoken about caching for the boys scouts once and am slated to for the MT. View Jr. High sometime in late May. I only wish i knew what i was doing... I guess we all have something to contribute.

Thanks Smitty. I'll post up some possible dates/work projects when I get them . . . and I'll hopefully see you on May 2nd then at 5 p.m. Do you know where the Community Building is in Unity (School Street, old Mason Lodge . . . of course I suppose I could go there and just post the coords for you. )
    Posting the coordinates would only make it more fun. I am familiar with the place and can be there at 5pm. The Mrs. said she may join me also we'd love to spread the word on what a great family hobby this can be. Looking forward to it, hope more folks join in.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by noreasta
    Hey sounds good, maybe this will get some more locals to appreciate Caching, I have marked this in My palm pilot, and hope that in between Mt. View Varsity Baseball game schedule of which my son plays for. I can slip up there. It may be difficult to make it there by 5, However i have tenetivly marked this down with no promises but would be glad to add my two cents in and my pro garmin opinion... If I become available, I have spoken about caching for the boys scouts once and am slated to for the MT. View Jr. High sometime in late May. I only wish i knew what i was doing... I guess we all have something to contribute.
    That would be great Steve . . . several of the folks at the Unity Barn Raisers know you or know of you . . . most likely due to your status as TRF correspondent or SAD 3 School Board Director (incidentally, I bet you're some glad you're not a Director at SAD 34 right about now, huh?)

Charlie Schaeffer with the Unity Scouts is a member of the Unity Barn Raisers as well so he might have met you already as well. Incidentally, he asked me how long I take to search out a cache . . . at first I was rather perplexed with this question and said it depends on how hard the hide is and then he brought up the recent article with the Top Gun Geocacher who stated he only spends 3 minutes at a cache before leaving and how he likes to drive his 4wd vehicle as close to the cache as he can. I explained that most geocachers enjoy the hike and the experience of the journey and that for most geocachers this is the true experience.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

I hope that most people didn't get misled by that geocaching article of the Top Gun geocacher that was in the paper recently. I wasn't too impressed with the way he cached but each to his own. Fortunately we aren't in a position to be able to have 500 or more caches in a 5 mile radius as a lot of urban metropolitan areas have. I have spent on many occasions looking for an hour or more for a cache and for me the best reason for my caching is the places that caching brings me to.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    I hope that most people didn't get misled by that geocaching article of the Top Gun geocacher that was in the paper recently. I wasn't too impressed with the way he cached but each to his own. Fortunately we aren't in a position to be able to have 500 or more caches in a 5 mile radius as a lot of urban metropolitan areas have. I have spent on many occasions looking for an hour or more for a cache and for me the best reason for my caching is the places that caching brings me to.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    I'll drink to that!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Just a reminder before you fill up your busy social calendars for next week . . .

May 2nd
    5 p.m.
    Unity Barn Raisers Community Building on School St.

Myself (and any other geocachers who would like to help out) will be introducing geocaching to the Unity Barn Raisers Trail Committee. These are the folks who have graciously allowed us to place many caches on their trails. They specifically asked for a hands-on demonstration and this may be a great chance to get some new converts . . . or at the very least show our gratitude to these folks.

I know a few of you here have expressed interest in being there. Can I have a "hand count" to see who believes they can make it? The more geocachers, the merrier . . . as we can then let the UBR folks use the GPSrs without having to have 10 or 12 of them crowd around a single receiver . . . besides we need some of the vaunted Garmin GPSrs there to show up my Magellan GPSr, right?

So . . . who thinks they can attend?

1. Firefighterjake
    2.????

P.S. To thank those of you who do show up I'll treat you to a pizza at the Unity House of Pizza afterwards . . . it's close, quick and tastes great.

Just a reminder before you fill up your busy social calendars for next week . . .

May 2nd
    5 p.m.
    Unity Barn Raisers Community Building on School St.

Myself (and any other geocachers who would like to help out) will be introducing geocaching to the Unity Barn Raisers Trail Committee. These are the folks who have graciously allowed us to place many caches on their trails. They specifically asked for a hands-on demonstration and this may be a great chance to get some new converts . . . or at the very least show our gratitude to these folks.

I know a few of you here have expressed interest in being there. Can I have a "hand count" to see who believes they can make it? The more geocachers, the merrier . . . as we can then let the UBR folks use the GPSrs without having to have 10 or 12 of them crowd around a single receiver . . . besides we need some of the vaunted Garmin GPSrs there to show up my Magellan GPSr, right?

So . . . who thinks they can attend?

1. Firefighterjake
    2.????

P.S. To thank those of you who do show up I'll treat you to a pizza at the Unity House of Pizza afterwards . . . it's close, quick and tastes great.
    I'll ask the wife, but im a pretty sure almost maybe yes
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.