vb:literal>

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: RE: Greater Unity Area Event

Smitty, Steveph, Hiram, Noreasta . . . and anyone else whom I might have forgotten that said they were thinking of helping out.

Due to the rain the Unity Barn Raisers has postponed this until next Tuesday (May 9th) at 5 p.m. at the Unity Community Building. Sorry about not getting this out any earlier.

Hopefully many of you will be able to do next Tuesday.

To be honest I'm not too disappointed since a) I don't relish caching in the rain (yeah, I'm a fair-weather cacher) and b) Getting people interested in caching probably wouldn't work so well when they're cold and soaking wet . . . they might end up with some negative impressions.

So . . . until next Tuesday.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Aww what a bummer but I guess you're right. I was planning on coming to help as well but I am leaving for SC this Sunday so I won't be around. I hope all that do attend and help out that you do us geocachers proud.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Rainy Day Cacher

Coulda been a great Bob Dylan Tune.

I am not disappointed that I won't go caching in my rain gear. Unfortunately I have an ATV club meeting next Tuesday so can't attend the rescheduled meeting. Hate to miss out on the pizza party. Thanks for letting us know ahead of time.

Steve
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Smitty, Steveph, Hiram, Noreasta . . . and anyone else whom I might have forgotten that said they were thinking of helping out.

Due to the rain the Unity Barn Raisers has postponed
    Noreasta hasn't signed in today...do you have a backup method for letting him know? PM me if you do not. Oh, Hiram too. Can't help you there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Aww what a bummer but I guess you're right. I was planning on coming to help as well but I am leaving for SC this Sunday so I won't be around. I hope all that do attend and help out that you do us geocachers proud.
    Thanks for thinking of me at least. Have a safe trip in SC. I'm a little disappointed myself since I've printed up the descriptions from geocaching.com and even laminated the sheets.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by steverph
    Coulda been a great Bob Dylan Tune.

I am not disappointed that I won't go caching in my rain gear. Unfortunately I have an ATV club meeting next Tuesday so can't attend the rescheduled meeting. Hate to miss out on the pizza party. Thanks for letting us know ahead of time.

Steve
    Thanks anyways Steve . . . if you could've been here I know you would have . . .

Incidentally does Oakland have many trails? As an active member with the Troy ATV Club I'm always interested in learning about area clubs and trails.

Hey Jake...got your email, bummer! The Mrs. and I were both going to attend. I'm not sure about next week. I have a couple of evening shifts schedueled as a favor to a co-worker. I'll see what I can do.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Next Tuesday,,,hmmmm. I should be able to make it. Hopefully the weather turns for the better by then.

Hmmm . .. I lose Haffy, Smitty and StevePh, but gain TRF . . . I'm not sure if that is such a great deal.

aaaarrg!!! and i snuck out of work early for nuthin! well... i wont let it go to waste
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.