vb:literal>

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: RE: Greater Unity Area Event

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    1) You should definitely come out and use the ATV to get to these caches . . . also there are a lot of caches that you can do by ATV on the Newport to Dover rail trail (many of them placed by Menace66) -- in fact this would make a nice half to full day ride of combining caches with ATVing.

2) In the near future I hope to place a cache that will either require a good hike, good four-wheel drive vehicle or an ATV to get to . . . and of those choices the ATV would be the best and easiest to use to get to this cache

3) I would love to come out and ride the Oakland and/or Fairfield trails and the invitation to come and ride in Troy is always open. Anytime you are interested in riding give me a call. Just PM me with a possible date and time. Our ATV club is also fairly small, but it's pretty active and getting better. This will be the first year that we are planning on doing club rides on a monthly basis with our first ride on May 13th riding from Newport to Dover (unfortunately I've got all of the caches along the route so it will be strictly ATVing for me.)
    I made the rail trail trip before. It is a fun ride with a great meal at the Bear's Den a must do part of the trip. Looks like I will be making another caching ride on the trail this summer. I will send you a message about coordinating rides in Troy and Oakland. Like Haffy I enjoy hiking but if I can ATV and cache together it will double the fun. (Sorta like fishing and drinking beer .) I look forward to your new cache!!
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.

OK, getting back on focus with this thread (although I have to admit I contributed to the diversion as well). . . .

If anyone is interested the Geocaching 101 "Class" with the Unity Barn Raisers is set for tomorrow at 5 p.m. at the Community Center. Since quite a few of the folks who were going to help last week are unable to do so due to work schedules, vacations, etc. I surely could use the help . . . and you could take advantage of this opportunity to do my Multi in a Mile . . . and a Half and get free pizza courtesy of me.

Of course, I'll be there. Anyone else?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    OK, getting back on focus with this thread (although I have to admit I contributed to the diversion as well). . . .

If anyone is interested the Geocaching 101 "Class" with the Unity Barn Raisers is set for tomorrow at 5 p.m. at the Community Center. Since quite a few of the folks who were going to help last week are unable to do so due to work schedules, vacations, etc. I surely could use the help . . . and you could take advantage of this opportunity to do my Multi in a Mile . . . and a Half and get free pizza courtesy of me.

Of course, I'll be there. Anyone else?

I'm planning on it. How long is this scheduled for? I need details so I can get permission to go.

Steve: There is no set time limit. Come and stay as long as you want to or feel comfortable . . . again, I sincerely appreciate the help.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

d’76 Guest

Hey Jake,

Brad and I will be leaving Brewer at 3:45 tomorrow, Did you say that you had a waypoint that you could post?

I'm going to be in Gouldsboro..... I might make it...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Hey Jake,

Brad and I will be leaving Brewer at 3:45 tomorrow, Did you say that you had a waypoint that you could post?
    3:45 p.m.? Either you're planning on coming early or you guys drive slow. Should only take you 45 minutes max.

Thanks again. I appreciate the help.

Waypoint was posted earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I'm going to be in Gouldsboro..... I might make it...
    If you can, great. If you cannot, I know you would have if you could have. Thank you.

I think it went good, that's two more people brought into a positive outlook on geocaching!! (and the pizza was good too) Thanks J!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I think it went good, that's two more people brought into a positive outlook on geocaching!! (and the pizza was good too) Thanks J!!
    No, thank you . . . and Stephanie . . . and Maniac . . . and Dave1976 . . . and TRF. I swear to you . . . at last month's meeting there were 12-15 folks and they seemed interested.

As you said, I think there are at least two folks who are interested . . . or who at least now have a much better idea of what we are doing on their trails.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed with the non-GCer numbers, but

a) I enjoyed meeting all of you Garmin guys,

b) it gave me a great excuse to eat pizza,

c) it was fun to watch you guys do the Multi in a Mile . . . and a Half and then Brier's Beach,

d) it let the UBR folks know that we are interested in coming back to do this again with more folks (they mentioned doing it in the Fall when Unity College starts back up, inviting folks from surrounding communities and not just the UBR and even trying to see if the school would be interested in learning more about GCing),

e) I learned of a new possible place for a cache and that the UBRs are monitoring the logs from the folks who are using their trails (through geocaching.com) and they like the fact that we're using their trails,

f) we let the UBR folks know we are serious about doing a work detail at some point and

g) we might have gained at least one more geocacher -- "Muggle-No-More" (time will tell.)

Thanks again to those who were able to come out tonight . . . and for those who were willing to come out last week even though it was rained out.