vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think about it

Default Think about it

Here is one for you:
    3 men stay at a motel. The front desk charges them $30.00 for a room. They split the cost $10 each. Later the manager tells the desk man that he overcharged them, the cost should have been $25. The manager gives the bellboy $5 and tells him to give it to the men. The bellboy cheats the men and pockets $2, giving each of them only one dollar. Now each man has paid $9 to stay in the room. 3 x $9 = $27. The bellboy pocketed $2. $27 + $2 = $29 - so where is the missing dollar?

Heck I can't even hardly figure out Laughing Terry's puzzles what makes you think I can figure this one out.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Heck I can't even hardly figure out Laughing Terry's puzzles what makes you think I can figure this one out.
    Speaking of which, isn't it about time you figured EaglEyeStash out? I need to make a trip up there, I'll go with you if you hurry up.

Haffy, you're still trying to crack that one? I bet if Dave takes the log book out and puts a new one in, you'd be FTF in 3 hours

look at it this way... the manager gives back $5... $25 + $5 = $30 - the $2 the crooked bell boy took = $28 that $28 divided equally among the 3 men and you get about $9 and some odd change!!! So the answer haffy is.... SPACE ALIENS TOOK THE EXTRA DOLLAR!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    So the answer haffy is.... SPACE ALIENS TOOK THE EXTRA DOLLAR!!
    LOL!

I was going to respond to Haffy's message, but I said No - I'll wait to see what Hiram has to say. I'm glad I did!

ok, so i had to think about it... it's not about the final addition, it's about adding to an amount that doesnt exist, each man already paid $10 each. The $30 was then in the managers register. the manager then gave back $5 which was evenly distributed courtesy of the bellboy. So if you want to reach the original sum you have to rearrange your problem.... but i'm not going to give it away just yet and ruin the fun for everyone else... but i'll just say that i had to count out 30 dimes on the floor to get the concept of how the problem formed!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    LOL!

I was going to respond to Haffy's message, but I said No - I'll wait to see what Hiram has to say. I'm glad I did!
    I feel so special knowing that the life decisions of other people revolve around what i'm going to say...

I feel so special knowing that the life decisions of other people revolve around what i'm going to say...
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but I did figure that what you'd have to say would be a lot more entertaining that what I said. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but I did figure that what you'd have to say would be a lot more entertaining that what I said. LOL!
    well then, i feel special knowing that what i say is entertaining to others... like im some kinda clown... huh? like a funny man? is that it? am i a funny clown that makes you laugh!?!?! huh!?!?! LIKE I WAS PUT ON THIS EARTH TO MAKE YOU LAUGH????? Well if that's the case... I heard that Fort Kent is starting it's own water ski team!!! yeah! seriously! they've been looking for weeks to find a hill with a lake on it!!!!! HAHA!!!

d’76 Guest

Talking

well then, i feel special knowing that what i say is entertaining to others... like im some kinda clown... huh? like a funny man? is that it? am i a funny clown that makes you laugh!?!?! huh!?!?! LIKE I WAS PUT ON THIS EARTH TO MAKE YOU LAUGH????? Well if that's the case... I heard that Fort Kent is starting it's own water ski team!!! yeah! seriously! they've been looking for weeks to find a hill with a lake on it!!!!! HAHA!!!
    Speaking of clowns....

2 canibals were eating a clown, one looked at the other and asked does this taste funny?