vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mt. Agamenticus Caching event

Important Announcement

This is the first of three important announcements regarding the upcoming Mt. Agamenticus Event, GCV2XC. Please check back at 19:00 hours on 10 April 2006 for the next important update!

Who wrote that?
    This year’s event will include an activity specifically designed to help us all get to know each other. At every event, cachers gather and swap stories about their travels. Our activity will allow you to pick one of your stories to tell. Now don’t worry, this is not an essay contest. In fact, no writing is required! We are asking each participant (even those who cannot attend the event) to think back on their geocaching experiences. Find a log that you have posted at a cache which best defines you or one that you would like to share. Submit your log to BeachComber via email or pm. She will post the logs anonymously on the event page. Your mission will be to match the log with the cacher who wrote it.

Here is an example log:

“I've been by here and but didn't notice the sign. Perhaps it's because the Whites are so beautiful from that ridge. Anyway, I really enjoyed the hike up. The snowmobiles have made the trail as hard as a rock. No need for snowshoes. The cache is in great shape, and I liked the hiding spot. The coordinates are right on.

It's about time I took the time to hike up the mountain that's named after me!

Took the geocoin, but the slipper did not fit me or my foot. Besides, I'd hate to see my carriage turn into a pumpkin.

Thanks for the cache.”

If you guessed the cacher is TAT, you’re right! (The cache was Mt. Tom).

Important:
    We can’t go into the details now, but we will need 25 quotes. Everyone will want very much to figure out at least 5 of them. The game will be much more fun if all 25 are solved. So, don’t make your log too hard. If you notice that people are having a hard time figuring it out, you may need to suggest a hint. Please use this discussion thread and the one at gc.com and do your best to help everyone get 5 matches.

There are prizes. Matching the logs to the cacher is important, but trust me, there will be no advantage to making it too hard for people to match you to your log.

Keep in mind: This is a family game. This is a kid friendly game.

That’s it for now, more next week!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    Please use this discussion thread and the one at gc.com and do your best to help everyone get 5 matches.
    I don't get it. Are we solving the quotes online before the event? If we're using this thread to help everyone get 5 matches it seems it would be.

Yes, we will solve the quotes before the event. This is only one part of the activitiy.

Ok, another question. I understand we should not make it too hard, but too easy? if the log mentions a signature item, should we/could we edit it to say [signature item]? It's kind of obvious if a log says, " Nice cache. left a photo marble." I guess the question could also concern the mention of a caching partner...

Oh, the hardships of being a famous cacher ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by brdad

Sheesh! Next thing you'll be running around complaining about the papparazzi!

There's a famous cacher amoung us......where?? Maybe you should mark yourself as a waypoint so we can find you.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Default My quote

PM sent...when does the guessing start?

Ok, another question. I understand we should not make it too hard, but too easy? if the log mentions a signature item, should we/could we edit it to say [signature item]? It's kind of obvious if a log says, " Nice cache. left a photo marble." I guess the question could also concern the mention of a caching partner...

That is entirely up to you. The game will not suffer it is too easy. The important thing is: When we're all together rembering caches we've enjoyed and good times we've had, will this quote be among them. My qote probably should have been from Drum and Bass Arena!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    PM sent...when does the guessing start?
    As soon as we can get them posted. Please be patient as I've been called out of town unexpectedly. I'm in Toledo, Iowa right now!

I'll be posting quotes on the event page over the weekend Stay tuned............
    ~ Beach Comber ~