vb:literal>

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mt. Agamenticus Caching event

The first few quotes are now posted in the logs section of the event page. If you haven't sent your's, don't wait! Only 21 more to go!

Just added more quotes - have fun!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

With 1/3 of the quotes in, I hope you are not finding it too difficult to match the logs to the cachers. If you haven't submitted a log, please don't wait!

The Battleship Game rules are now posted.

Stay tuned for more information on the poker run and the prizes!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    There's a famous cacher amoung us......where?? Maybe you should mark yourself as a waypoint so we can find you.
    Mark it with a garmin though so we can find you if you were standing alone in a desolate mowed down hay field. just tryin to make it easy on the magellan users...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

We have received some great logs to use in the activity and are still looking for more. As a reminder/review, here is the initial request..........

"This is the first of three important announcements regarding the upcoming Mt. Agamenticus Event, GCV2XC. Please check back at 19:00 hours on 10 April 2006 for the next important update!

Who wrote that?
    This year’s event will include an activity specifically designed to help us all get to know each other. At every event, cachers gather and swap stories about their travels. Our activity will allow you to pick one of your stories to tell. Now don’t worry, this is not an essay contest. In fact, no writing is required! We are asking each participant (even those who cannot attend the event) to think back on their geocaching experiences. Find a log that you have posted at a cache which best defines you or one that you would like to share. Submit your log to BeachComber via email or pm. She will post the logs anonymously on the event page. Your mission will be to match the log with the cacher who wrote it.

Here is an example log:

“I've been by here and but didn't notice the sign. Perhaps it's because the Whites are so beautiful from that ridge. Anyway, I really enjoyed the hike up. The snowmobiles have made the trail as hard as a rock. No need for snowshoes. The cache is in great shape, and I liked the hiding spot. The coordinates are right on.

It's about time I took the time to hike up the mountain that's named after me!

Took the geocoin, but the slipper did not fit me or my foot. Besides, I'd hate to see my carriage turn into a pumpkin.

Thanks for the cache.”

If you guessed the cacher is TAT, you’re right! (The cache was Mt. Tom).

Important:
    We can’t go into the details now, but we will need 25 quotes. Everyone will want very much to figure out at least 5 of them. The game will be much more fun if all 25 are solved. So, don’t make your log too hard. If you notice that people are having a hard time figuring it out, you may need to suggest a hint. Please use this discussion thread and the one at gc.com and do your best to help everyone get 5 matches.

There are prizes. Matching the logs to the cacher is important, but trust me, there will be no advantage to making it too hard for people to match you to your log.

Keep in mind: This is a family game. This is a kid friendly game."
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Talking Come one, come all

Here's the Southern Maine event everyone has been asking for - hoping to see more logs soon saying that people will be attending.
    Will be great to see everyone and meet new people too!!
    Hope you can all make it
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Tom

Is there a campground there or can we camp at the event?
    Blazing Troll

No camping available per TAT. Perhaps there are other locations in the general area that coud work though.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Camping is strictly prohibited. I can put a list of commercial cg, if you want. Or, you're welcome to camp in my backyard!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    Camping is strictly prohibited. I can put a list of commercial cg, if you want. Or, you're welcome to camp in my backyard!
    hmmm, no camping, can I sleep in the parking lot in my Jeep and pretend to be a troubadour with my monkey comrade pokeymoonshine who escaped from the prisons of russia to play a ukulele in my traveling one man band??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.