vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Deleting found logs...

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Locally, Bangor Hardware has a selection from tiny ones to some large enough to hang an ammo box (Don't think I haven't thought of doing that!). I get the 3/4 inch round ceramic magnets for my photo marbles at either of the craft stores on Stilwater Ave. If you have an old hard drive, you can take them apart for some super strong neodymium magnets.
    Wicked. I might have to stop by Bangor Hardware today then . . . I like the folks there and I have an idea that requires a magnet . . . a very specific shape magnet so if they don't have it there I'll check the craft places on Stillwater. Thanks BrDad.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I have a place online to get magnets the size of a nickle that will hold 10 pounds. I got a pack of them and it is unreal how strong they are. I got a blood blister from two of them. When I get back home to my other computer I will post the URL.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    I have a place online to get magnets the size of a nickle that will hold 10 pounds. I got a pack of them and it is unreal how strong they are. I got a blood blister from two of them. When I get back home to my other computer I will post the URL.
    I'd be interested in seeing the link.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default How about this one......

What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Tear apart some old hard drives--really powerful magnets inside, small and flat--perfect for micros (or holding lots of papers on the fridge--warning, this is also one of the final warning signs that yes, you may indeed be a geek).

Opps, Dave already suggested this--oh well, it *is* a good source for free magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Tear apart some old hard drives--really powerful magnets inside, small and flat--perfect for micros (or holding lots of papers on the fridge--warning, this is also one of the final warning signs that yes, you may indeed be a geek).

Opps, Dave already suggested this--oh well, it *is* a good source for free magnets.
    Haha! Dave's a geek!!! glad i didn't mention that one
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Link for magnets

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/

I got the magnets the size of a nickle and they are STRONG....

Default DNFs

If I make a serious attempt at a cache and strike out, I log a DNF. I logged 2 DNF's in one day for Laughing Terry's first "In Plain Sight" cache!! I thought I owed it to him for being so clever. A note might be more appropriate at times.

I spent this week in Atlanta and tried to find 4 caches near our location. My first attempt at caching outside of Maine but mostly urban micros. Found 2, logged a DNF on one due to muggles (who hides a cache in front of a supermarket anyhow?? ) and posted a note on one. The cache was at a "cement pond" with fountains and goldfish in front of an office building. The cache description warned about nesting geese in the springtime and sure enough the site was roped off with warning signs. Nesting geese are worse than charging moose. I thought a note reinforcing the goose warning was OK as the cache owner noted that springtime was not the best to attempt this one.

Hey, it's only a game...right??
    The trouble with doing nothing is that it is hard to know when you're finished.