vb:literal>

Thread: Travel bugs and shirts

Hybrid View

Default Travel bugs and shirts

I have a question. Maybe I should ask TAT, but I will bring it up because it does apply to other travel bugs of this type.

I have TAT’s travel bug which is his traveling shirt that he wears to each event. What am I suppose to do if I am the last person to have it and no one else takes it from me? Am I suppose to keep it in my position until the next event that TAT attends and then someone takes it from me? Should I Place it somewhere since I do not actually have it in my position?

The other reason I am asking is because some of us are having the same type of shirts made up and will run accross the same issues later.
    Blazing Troll

I think personal TB's should be handled differently. The ones I've seen are normally returned to the cache (event) where they were picked up. Then the owner can retrieve it from there.

But, like any travel bug, it really is up to the owner - what is his goal? Actually, I think that he should be able to retrieve it from the event cache, but if you place it in another cache, he should have to go there to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I have a question. Maybe I should ask TAT, but I will bring it up because it does apply to other travel bugs of this type.

I have TAT’s travel bug which is his traveling shirt that he wears to each event. What am I suppose to do if I am the last person to have it and no one else takes it from me? Am I suppose to keep it in my position until the next event that TAT attends and then someone takes it from me? Should I Place it somewhere since I do not actually have it in my position?

The other reason I am asking is because some of us are having the same type of shirts made up and will run accross the same issues later.
    My thought is that it would be up to Tom, I am also having one made like that for myself and I would not worry about where it is listed since I should know where the real shirt is but then that is up to each person. My thought is that if someone picks it up and does not want to have it till someone else grabs it I would have that person put it in an event or other cache and log it as not being there. The crueler side of me say put it in a virtual cache just to see if throughs anyone off. but then I tend to have a wierd sence of humor

Of course since it is TAT's shrit I would asume it is his choice too.

I bet no one at GC.com ever thought someone would use their shirt for a tb! I'm not at all concerned that you have the bug in your inventory, but I sure don't want to create confusion. How is this for a solution:

Post a note in Tidal Earthcache and "virtually drop" the bug there. It's a virtual cache so no one will expect to find a tb actually there and I don't mind a virtually wet shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    I bet no one at GC.com ever thought someone would use their shirt for a tb! I'm not at all concerned that you have the bug in your inventory, but I sure don't want to create confusion. How is this for a solution:

Post a note in Tidal Earthcache and "virtually drop" the bug there. It's a virtual cache so no one will expect to find a tb actually there and I don't mind a virtually wet shirt!
    Works for me!

I have over 5000 miles on my personal TB, and I haven't logged it in to more than 50% of the caches we've visited! Sheesh! Sure glad I have a credit card that gives me 5% back on gas purchases! LOL!