vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caches along a Route

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    ...but what do you do after that???
    well after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then (I stop at a bar... or two) after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then (I call the wife so I can get yelled at for being gone all day) after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then after I find the cache I set out to find and have found it, then I go back to the mobil command center (the jeep) and set my current location in GSAK and then find the nearest cache to my current location, Then I go to that nearest cache, and then I go home and log all my caches.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Don't encourge him.
    lack of attention could be encouraging too...

Usually when I am going ot go out caching I will acctually export all the caches from Gsak to delorme and then create a route for where I want to go and see how many I can or want to find Ok so I am adicted to my toys The other thing I will do is when I am leaving work and I want to get some of the new goecaches I will enter them in the zoom out on my GPS and randomly go out from there as i see them enter my route.

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    Usually when I am going ot go out caching I will acctually export all the caches from Gsak to delorme and then create a route for where I want to go and see how many I can or want to find Ok so I am adicted to my toys The other thing I will do is when I am leaving work and I want to get some of the new goecaches I will enter them in the zoom out on my GPS and randomly go out from there as i see them enter my route.
    how do you export the coords from GSAK to Delorme?? is that a feature for only the Delorme prog or can I do it with MS Streets and Trips??

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    how do you export the coords from GSAK to Delorme?? is that a feature for only the Delorme prog or can I do it with MS Streets and Trips??
    The feature is under File, Export then delorme format I belive, I am sorry that I can not tell if they have an export for mickeysoft but PM me and i will try to check when I get home from work tonight.

Gsak supports alot of export formats that can be very handy for caching. Right now I export my waypoints in magellan smart card format and download them to the card and load them into the GPS that way. I really and easy way to do it without fussing with hooking up the GPS. I use the export to HTML to create webpages of the caches for use on my PDA.

Yes - GSAK will export to MS Streets & Trips. In GSAK, click on file/export and you'll see it listed. Export the file to your desktop.

MSS&T probably works the same as Delorme: you load the .txt file as a "draw" file in your mapping software.

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    The feature is under File, Export then delorme format I belive, I am sorry that I can not tell if they have an export for mickeysoft but PM me and i will try to check when I get home from work tonight.

Gsak supports alot of export formats that can be very handy for caching. Right now I export my waypoints in magellan smart card format and download them to the card and load them into the GPS that way. I really and easy way to do it without fussing with hooking up the GPS. I use the export to HTML to create webpages of the caches for use on my PDA.
    I've been messin around with it, and you can export to MS S&T Woo Hoo! learn somethin new every day!

I've been messin around with it, and you can export to MS S&T Woo Hoo! learn somethin new every day!
    scarey ain't it you can teach an old dog new tricks

Exclamation If you are using Street Atlas Handheld you can do this

1) Decide which waypoints you want, and use user flags on GSAK to make them a group.
    2) Go to file, export, Street Atlas TXT. Be sure the begin note check box is checked. Also note where the file is being sent. ( Prefered location is to My Documents)
    3) Click on the button to generate a file.
    4) Open My Documents (or which ever location you’d sent it to)
    5) It should be labeled sa map txt document
    6) Open this file and you should see a list of all the waypoints between the words BEGIN NOTE and END
    7) Highlight all the waypoints between BEGIN NOTE and END
    8) Cut all the highlighted waypoints, and close this window as well as My Documents if it is still open.
    9) Open My Computer on your start menu and find your C drive, then look for the DeLorme Docs folder.
    10) Open the DeLorme Docs folder and find the folder named Mobile Maps.
    11) Open Mobile Maps and look for the folder named Wpts Transfer
    12) Open the file named XMapHHWptsSend
    13) Where you see the words BEGIN SYMBOL place the cursor after the word symbol, and hit enter.
    14) This will give you a new line so the cursor is between the BEGIN SYMBOL and END
    15) Paste the previously cut wapoints into the documents at this time.
    16) Go to file at the top of the page and click on save.
    17) Now hot sync your PDA as you normally would and the waypoints SHOULD be there. If they are not then throw your PDA in the toilet and go back to paper. TY

Hope this does what you want.
    Happy Trails!