vb:literal>

Thread: RE: Good example of an off-set cache needed

Default RE: Good example of an off-set cache needed

I'm working on a powerpoint presentation for tonight and wanted to show a good example of an off-set puzzle cache where you find the coords at one location . . . anyone have any good suggestions . . . especially one that someone may have taken a photo at?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Not really sure if you would call it an offset cache or multi cache,they are both close to the same. In my cache I send you to coordinates where you will find a container with coordinates to the next stage. Is that what you mean? Anyway here is my Yankee Woodlot Nature Trail cache and there is a couple of photos to go along with it. I worked closely with the cooperative extension agency there and they have been extremely helpful and when you go during the week when they are open you can go inside for a trail map but it is not needed to find the cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...2-139da005928a
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I think I'll just skip over off-set caches and talk about multi-caches . . . no sense getting them confused and like you said, they're pretty similar. Thanks again Haffy for helping me out. The presentation looks pretty decent . . . of course I am a bit biased.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Brewer by the numbers

That would be an offset cache. You go to different locations to gather information in order to get coordinates for the actual cache location.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    That would be an offset cache. You go to different locations to gather information in order to get coordinates for the actual cache location.
    Ya, as I remmeber it had me offset about a mile from where the cache was. Another consequence of trying to be FTF...

That's ok Brdad...I sent Maniac into the Penobscot River to get Bucksport...who knew? and into the ocean for parking coords for Flat Rock Ridge.

Smile Perhaps it is ......

I think that an offset cache is one where you go to the posted coordinates and find information there for a new point which you get to by projecting a waypoint at a given bearing and distance.

Just a thought

A house is not a home without a cat.