vb:literal>

Thread: Wi Fi Help

d’76 Guest

Default Wi Fi Help

I need a question answered that I have put alot of thought into and the only reasonalbe answer I can come up with is Yes... So here is my question

The school I work at has a WiFi connection and we have people in and out of our school all of the time with there laptops. I was wondering if that persons laptop is infected with a virus and attaches to our wifi does that mean that they can infect the rest of the school. We have fairly good av software however once and awhile a virus does sneak by.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    I need a question answered that I have put alot of thought into and the only reasonalbe answer I can come up with is Yes... So here is my question

The school I work at has a WiFi connection and we have people in and out of our school all of the time with there laptops. I was wondering if that persons laptop is infected with a virus and attaches to our wifi does that mean that they can infect the rest of the school. We have fairly good av software however once and awhile a virus does sneak by.
    No. Not unless a FILE is transferred to one of your computers. Your AV software should prevent that.

And anyway, someone has to know what they're doing and work hard to get a file onto your computers. Virus's can't be transferred by casual wifi "piracy".

d’76 Guest

Thats very good to know thanks

Actualy the virus can be transfered to another laptop (or computer) if it connected to the infected laptop. But not the network.