vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching in the media

Default Geocaching in the media

Good story: http://outdoors.mainetoday.com/child...tml?com_sent=1

Its features a LaughingTerry chicken in one of the photos....lol
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

I wish someone would tell the author NOT to have the TB number showing in the photo's!!!

(I emailed her...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I wish someone would tell the author NOT to have the TB number showing in the photo's!!!

(I emailed her...)
    I too sent her off an email explaining the finer points of geocaching. I also invited her to any of the upcoming events, especially the Mt. Agamenticus Caching event GCV2XC as it is in her area and I also invited her to join us here at geocachingmaine.org
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    I too sent her off an email explaining the finer points of geocaching. I also invited her to any of the upcoming events
    Um... and you expect YOUR picture in her next article about geocaching? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Um... and you expect YOUR picture in her next article about geocaching? LOL!

Sure, why not? Actually, I doubt we'll be making that event Wendy Almedia is the correspondent that I tried to hook up with your Boothbay Register TB, which is one of the reasons I was so interested in its whereabouts. However, the last email I sent off to tjgreaton (where it was last seen) it got bounced back as undeliverable, I guess he or she doesn't want to be found. Kind of a shame, I think the TB only made it 86 miles! Sheesh!
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    Sure, why not? Actually, I doubt we'll be making that event Wendy Almedia is the correspondent that I tried to hook up with your Boothbay Register TB, which is one of the reasons I was so interested in its whereabouts. However, the last email I sent off to tjgreaton (where it was last seen) it got bounced back as undeliverable, I guess he or she doesn't want to be found. Kind of a shame, I think the TB only made it 86 miles! Sheesh!
    One of the HikerTwins works with tjgreaton. She spoke with him in February, he apparently apologized and said he'd get it out soon, but...

I emailed the HikerTwins in March, but no response.

He still has the TB.

I could probably email them again, but... Sheesh! What's a guy to do???

I've had correspondence with Wendy in the past and she is a member here and goes by the name of Robotbunny. And I also emailed her about the Agamenticus event when it first came out.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thanks for plugging the event! I hope she gets to attend.

Thanks Smitty & Co. for your email, and Haffy6 for the Mt. A. info.

I'm not sure I understand the TB number issue. Anyone can go on the site and find a TB, and do it easily. Maybe you can explain the finer points of this to me and I'll be sure to blur out the numbers in my photo next time...

I also blog about my family's outdoor adventures (well, occasionally I do go off-topic) and often talk about geocaching, our TBs (we have some in New Zealand that some friends got going for us as well as a couple in the North America) and/or using our GPS. Even though 26 finds in a year is hardly noteworthy, we really do enjoy it. Here's the blog link if you're interested:
    outdoors.mainetoday.com/children/kidtracks

And I'll try to keep up with the forum here but life gets away from me sometimes. My family is a busy one and work at the office (I'm there Friday-Monday) gets in the way too :-)

Thanks again for clueing me in on the thread.

-Wendy Almeida and family

Quote Originally Posted by Robotbunny
    Thanks Smitty & Co. for your email, and Haffy6 for the Mt. A. info.

I'm not sure I understand the TB number issue. Anyone can go on the site and find a TB, and do it easily. Maybe you can explain the finer points of this to me and I'll be sure to blur out the numbers in my photo next time...

I also blog about my family's outdoor adventures (well, occasionally I do go off-topic) and often talk about geocaching, our TBs (we have some in New Zealand that some friends got going for us as well as a couple in the North America) and/or using our GPS. Even though 26 finds in a year is hardly noteworthy, we really do enjoy it. Here's the blog link if you're interested:
    outdoors.mainetoday.com/children/kidtracks

And I'll try to keep up with the forum here but life gets away from me sometimes. My family is a busy one and work at the office (I'm there Friday-Monday) gets in the way too :-)

Thanks again for clueing me in on the thread.

-Wendy Almeida and family
    Here is the link to GC.com page on Travel Bugs. http://www.geocaching.com/track/howto.aspx ***Note the last couple of paragraphs*** If you use the reference # and not the tracking # then cachers can still find its whereabouts but nobody else will have the tracking # until you release it into another cache. This keeps people from just using the tracking # inappropriately (ya, some people do ) when they are not in possesion of the actual TB. I think I got it ....can anyone explain it better?

BTW...You're very welcome for the email.
    Have Fun & Be Safe!