vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from "DownEast"

Default Greetings from "DownEast"

Hey Folks:

Just found this site a few days ago thru the "New England" forum.. Trolled a few posts & figured I may as well jump in & say Howdy!!

My name is Jon & I live in in Machias. Been into Geocaching for some time but don't get to go out much. I am the keeper of the "Roque Rocks" cache (GC274C).

Other hobbies are acoustic guitar, amateur radio & about any outdoor activity.

Looking fwd to chatting with you all. Happy caching.

JW

Welcome to the forum JW! I am a bit further east than downeast!
    I think I'm headed to Machias this week sometime.

Great bunch of people here to hang out with. Enjoy the forum.

Sue

Welcome! Is your name a Jeep reference????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Welcome Ruby...lol Couldn't resist. I have heard the Rogue Rocks cache is quite beautiful, I hope to get out that way sometime.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thanx.. Hey Starzz.. if yer coming thru town & have a bit of time let's have a coffee / beer whatever face to face..

Hiram.. look for a historical reference to "Fosters Rubicon"...

Haffy6.. Coupla neat caches right here in Machias & Roque Rocks is abt 6 miles out of town.. couple other fairly local ones as well. 'twould make for a decent road trip before were over run with blackflys & tourists..LOL

--... ...-- JW

i love roque bluffs! i enjoyed finding this cache. welcome!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconJW
    Thanx.. Hey Starzz.. if yer coming thru town & have a bit of time let's have a coffee / beer whatever face to face..

Hiram.. look for a historical reference to "Fosters Rubicon"...

Haffy6.. Coupla neat caches right here in Machias & Roque Rocks is abt 6 miles out of town.. couple other fairly local ones as well. 'twould make for a decent road trip before were over run with blackflys & tourists..LOL

--... ...-- JW
    Is that Austrailian for Jeep Beer!?!?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconJW

--... ...-- JW
    Did I hear someone say ROADTRIP!! Welcome to the site. Glad that you found us. Can't wait to get to that part of the state and grab a few caches. I'll bring my navigator so I don't get lost.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Hi JW,
    You mention ham radio as another hobby. Caching and hamming seem to go together! I am WM1C. My husband is W1KX. Nice to see you here. Your call???

Thanks again for the warm welcome folks... It's nice to find a decent board of geocachers based here in Maine. I've been the gauntlet of forums.. the good, the bad & the downright ugly!! Didn't have fun so didn't stick around... the ole adage of "grabbin yer toys & headin to new grounds".

Yes Hiram... I've hoisted a few "oilcans" but still a different reference..LOL

becket.. Thanx for checkin out the cache... it's near where I lived years ago.

Team2Hunt.. C'mon down.. we got a cheap motel for an overnighter or if yer into camping I got a 30 acre remote lot yer welcome to use or a lawn here in town if ya want to listen to the traffic all night..lol

Looks like a great board here folks.. Glad I joined up.

ETA.. Hey Sallywag.. I'm a common item on the KQ1L linked system.. Give me a shout.

--... ...-- de N1MLF ..JW..