vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dogs, Lyme Disease & Geocaching

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    What are you gonna do with butterfly pee?
    Use it as a lure to attract more butterflies.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Like those Deer fly hat stickers too. Know quite a few skidder drivers who used to take a fly strip and wrap it around an old ball cap to deal with those pests. Those deer flies draw blood when they are thick and it's not good to be swatting them while trying to drive the skidder.

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Olde Prospector
    Like those Deer fly hat stickers too. Know quite a few skidder drivers who used to take a fly strip and wrap it around an old ball cap to deal with those pests. Those deer flies draw blood when they are thick and it's not good to be swatting them while trying to drive the skidder.

Cliff
    They really work, too. Look terrible, but they work.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Anyone remember the Ol' Woodsmen fly dope? Man, that stuff was good for combatting bugs. I used it many a time during the black fly season while working my way through college as a greenskeeper at a golf course. The stuff smelled like it was a combination of kerosene, creosote, pine tar and moose urine . . . I was none too pleasant to be around humans, but the bugs hated the stuff. I can't find it anywhere now though.
    I got a few bottles when LL beans was selling it. Ol' Woodsman fly dope was and is the best. I spent many a spring/early summer wading alder chocked brooks in central and northern Maine in search of the elusive brook trout. I wouldn't have been able to tolerate it with todays "off" or any of the cheaper brands. Even 100% DEET you have to keep applying it every couple hours but Ol' Woodsman, you just slathered it on and it kinda stuck like honey, stayed potent all day (sometimes days) Great stuff, believe it or not, I love the smell of it but then again, I'm a trapper and we're used to all kinds of strange scents.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Wondering if Old Woodsman's Fly Dope was still available, I found it at this site.

They also sell Butterfly Pee. Sheesh! How the heck do you get a butterfly to pee in the bottle???
    Cool, thanks for link Bruce!! and Butterfly pee is used to attract other Butterflys How they get it is anyone's guess
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Wondering if Old Woodsman's Fly Dope was still available, I found it at this site.

They also sell Butterfly Pee. Sheesh! How the heck do you get a butterfly to pee in the bottle???

Great site!!! Thanks for posting it......I think butterfly pee sounds like a good substitute for Soy Sauce too.....LOL!!! Makes you wonder, not only do you not see many cats around a Chinese Food restaurant but when is the last time you saw a butterfly??????

We took Moxie in to the vet last night for her annual check-up and vaccinations. We asked what would be safe to use on her to repel mosquitos and blackflies, and she recommended Skintastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    I got a few bottles when LL beans was selling it. Ol' Woodsman fly dope was and is the best. I spent many a spring/early summer wading alder chocked brooks in central and northern Maine in search of the elusive brook trout. I wouldn't have been able to tolerate it with todays "off" or any of the cheaper brands. Even 100% DEET you have to keep applying it every couple hours but Ol' Woodsman, you just slathered it on and it kinda stuck like honey, stayed potent all day (sometimes days) Great stuff, believe it or not, I love the smell of it but then again, I'm a trapper and we're used to all kinds of strange scents.
    Deepwoods Off . . . BAH . . . slather that on yourself and wander into the woods during blackfly season and all you're doing is marinating your skin for the blackfly buffet . . . might as well slather terriyaki sauce on yourself for all the good that will do.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."