vb:literal>

Thread: Wow! Rhode Island is a GREAT Place to go Caching.

Default Wow! Rhode Island is a GREAT Place to go Caching.

That was a place Hiram would love!

We were in this great Veterans Memorial park. It was pretty wet because of all the recent rain, but manageable. We really enjoyed seeing swans in the ponds around there (pictures will be posted later).

But what really impressed me about the hospitality they show towards cachers, is that near the end of the hunt, sitting on a guard rail, was a full unopened bottle of Heineken!

Sheesh! How can you not like a place like that!

Hey Bruce,
    If you like R.I. so much, you need to update your "states I've cached in" map. Got a big (well, as big as that state can make) white spot where it should be red.
    ...so how was the beer? Unopened, yes, but cold?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    That was a place Hiram would love!

We were in this great Veterans Memorial park. It was pretty wet because of all the recent rain, but manageable. We really enjoyed seeing swans in the ponds around there (pictures will be posted later).

But what really impressed me about the hospitality they show towards cachers, is that near the end of the hunt, sitting on a guard rail, was a full unopened bottle of Heineken!

Sheesh! How can you not like a place like that!
    FREE BEER!?!?!?! IM MOVING TO RI!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Sounds like R.I. is the place where numbers really do count...number of oz. found
    You can log FTO's there too. First to open.
    and TB's are popular. (Travel beers).

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Hey Bruce,
    If you like R.I. so much, you need to update your "states I've cached in" map. Got a big (well, as big as that state can make) white spot where it should be red.
    ...so how was the beer? Unopened, yes, but cold?
    Well, the beer wasn't cold..... So we left it for Hiram. He doesn't care! LOL!

(Sheesh - only been home an hour - still logging caches. Haven't gotten around to the stats page yet!)

Well, the beer wasn't cold..... So we left it for Hiram. He doesn't care! LOL!

(Sheesh - only been home an hour - still logging caches. Haven't gotten around to the stats page yet!)
    a warm FREE beer is better than a... uhh... that joke doesnt work here.. but hey its free beer!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I KNEW I could get a sheesh out of you

Thanks for the link, Bruce to the 9-11 virtual cache . . . sounds like a really nice cache to visit. Thanks for thinking of me. Incidentally, there is a Bath Firefighter who is in the process of creating a 9-11 memorial cache utilizing an actual piece of one of the World Trade Center Tower's steel girders. I believe they're planning on having a dedication ceremony in July.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Thanks for the link, Bruce to the 9-11 virtual cache . . . sounds like a really nice cache to visit. Thanks for thinking of me. Incidentally, there is a Bath Firefighter who is in the process of creating a 9-11 memorial cache utilizing an actual piece of one of the World Trade Center Tower's steel girders. I believe they're planning on having a dedication ceremony in July.
    This was expecially nice as they have plaques with all the names of those killed on 911. Check our log at the site to see some pictures. (This was actually in Plymouth, MA - not RI)

One of the better 911 memorials we've seen...