vb:literal>

Thread: Wide screen Monitor

Hybrid View

d’76 Guest

Default Wide screen Monitor

I recently purchased a widescreen 19 inche monitoe I like it ok but I am having trouble figuring out where the feature that shuts the streach off. For example when I look at the pics that I take with my camera they are all distorted. Any suggestions

I'd say it's broken why don't you let me have it and go get another one?
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    I'd say it's broken why don't you let me have it and go get another one?
    HEHEHE

Right now that dont sound so bad

At my age, I am having trouble shutting the stretch off, too.

In most normal applications, at would be called "aspect" or "aspect ratio" or at least in a menu section that included it.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    At my age, I am having trouble shutting the stretch off, too.

In most normal applications, at would be called "aspect" or "aspect ratio" or at least in a menu section that included it.
    dont you mean at your age turning the stretch on?????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    dont you mean at your age turning the stretch on?????
    uh oh - them's fightin' words
    ~ Beach Comber ~

When in doubt read the manual that came with it.......
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

About your monitor? You should simply set it in it's native resolution, whichever that may be. 1440 X 900 would be my guess...

In Windows XP you should find it as a listed and available display option. If you don't, now you need to turn to your graphics card and see if there is an updated driver for it for XP. If not, then it's time for a new card; nothing major, any new one off the shelf should be able to display widescreen. You should easily be able to pick one up for under a hundred dollars.

Once the computer is correctly displaying the widesreen resolution, no longer will you have any issues with pictures (including those on websites) or having your computer try to match a standard format (1280x1024) to a monitor that doesn't even know what that resolution is.

Good luck!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeoMaine
    About your monitor? You should simply set it in it's native resolution, whichever that may be. 1440 X 900 would be my guess...

In Windows XP you should find it as a listed and available display option. If you don't, now you need to turn to your graphics card and see if there is an updated driver for it for XP. If not, then it's time for a new card; nothing major, any new one off the shelf should be able to display widescreen. You should easily be able to pick one up for under a hundred dollars.

Once the computer is correctly displaying the widesreen resolution, no longer will you have any issues with pictures (including those on websites) or having your computer try to match a standard format (1280x1024) to a monitor that doesn't even know what that resolution is.

Good luck!
    Thanks abunch.

That worked great. I used the 1440x900 and It worked like a charm. THats what I love about this web site. There is such a variety of help here. Have a great holiday everyone thanks so much

I guess after reading GeoMaine's post the monitor will not be ending up at my door anytime soon...... Darn!
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......