vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new laptop

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    Hmm, I have 2 dell laptops here and the support has been pretty good, the only problem I ever have is convince the tech that I am actually a dell certified tech and allready have done the diagnosis...... But then I did put the 4 year complete care waranty on them so I did not have to worry about breaking them... Caching accidents, oops how did that fall off the cliff
    i knew you were a dell tech! i could tell by your pic in your avatar!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

We have standardized on Dell where I work. We always get the next business day, 3 year service plan. I always get every little thing fixed just before the warrenty runs out. Their support has always been great. I own a Dell desktop and have no problems, other than self inflicted problems.

that must be my problem, i never buy warranties or service packages, i dont beleive in ownin something i cant fix myself... then after i spend half an hour on the phone talking to some dell tech (whos sitting in his study hall) that cant help me fix my problem i give up on them and figure it out eventually.

Sone other places for free Wi-Fi: Panera Bread in Augusta, and the Maine State Library in Augusta. Barnes and Noble has a paid Wi-Fi option, too....

Dell customer service has not been the most user-friendly option, in my experience. I have a Dell laptop, and I downloaded GSAK, but have not downloaded to my GPSr because I need an adapter or a different cord. My GPSr doesn't have a USB port.
    To Cache or NOT to cache.....IS there a question?

Quote Originally Posted by SewN2Cachin'
    Sone other places for free Wi-Fi: Panera Bread in Augusta, and the Maine State Library in Augusta. Barnes and Noble has a paid Wi-Fi option, too....

(
    Amost all public libraries in Maine have free public WiFi access. In fact, some of us are supposed to be putting together a list of WiFi hotspots.

Default new laptop

I tried vip in waterville signal was too weak the oakland schools are locked

I think we have Wi-fi here at work, but I'm not a techie so I don't know for certain and if in fact we do I would suspect that it would either a) be locked or b) not be very strong due to the concrete in the building. Someone can still give it a try sometime though. 289 Main St. in Bangor.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default new laptop

I got the dell going and als got the last laugh
    I wonder if dell had ever heard of stop payment
    seems they want to talk now.
    I think i lost interest though.
    Remember never give someone a hard time tell ya get the dough.

haha, that's one way to stick it to em