vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Maine Event -- vote on dates

Default Northern Maine Event -- vote on dates

It's time for a vote on dates when it works best for people who are planning on attending the overnight camping event in August for Northern Maine. I am not looking for actual numbers of who will be attending for sure, but a likely guess that you will be planning or making the attempt to come… (carpool!)
    I have decided it is going to be at the same place last year, the back side of the mountian at Aroostook State Park in Presque Isle, ME for those of you who went, I heard some comments that why people liked this area and that why people didn't. It is in an area that is remote; we're away from others, so we don’t have to worry about being loud or other inconveniences. It was also cheap to stay at and we were in the woods; being a practical campground for us geocachers…am I wrong? There is no indoor plumping, electrical means or an Internet hookup, but there is live entertainment and we will have a good time!

As soon as we can decide on what date fits better for most then I will book it. Remember the later in the summer, the fewer annoying insects.
    If there is anything else, being advice, questions or maybe some sarcastic remarks… please feel free to reply, or email me.

Please vote on:

August 12 & 13
    August 19 & 20
    August 26 & 27

You can just reply to this message and I will be taking a count later this week.
    Thanks! Look forward to seeing you this fall.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Please, Please, 19 & 20!! I'm going to Montana in 12th and 13th

Please, please the 12 &13, I have to work the 19th and 20th!

Either works for me - how about starting a poll thread - might be an easy way to keep track of preferences.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Personally I would like to see it held in the same place as last year. We had the whole field to ourselves and no one around that we had to worry about bothering. We could have a midnight cache again and stay up late and play games like we did last year. We could not do that in any other campground with neighbors. There was water and a outhouse. What more do you need to have fun?

I say lets stick to the same place and the people that can not deal with a tent can spend there $100 on a hotel room again. Hopefully they will stay out late enough to have fun and not miss out on all of it like they did last year. We sure had a ball. I just wish more people had stay out later with us.
    Blazing Troll

Please make a mental note on the edited first main post. Before a new reply or message, please read the post again. Thanks.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Just an FYI - the American Folk Festival in Bangor is the weekend of the 26 and 27.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Just an FYI - the American Folk Festival in Bangor is the weekend of the 26 and 27.
    If I have a choice between the Folk Festival and this event. I would take the event. But that is me. I had a lot more fun at this event then I did at the Folk Festival. I think everyone that stuck around for the eventing activities at the event would agree.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    If I have a choice between the Folk Festival and this event. I would take the event. But that is me. I had a lot more fun at this event then I did at the Folk Festival. I think everyone that stuck around for the eventing activities at the event would agree.
    As a "stickee" last year, I must agree--it was a great time--looking forward to doing it again.

Post 19/20th

Would be the best for me. I'm on vacation the next week and can use it to recover. I can also bring my navigator that weekend too. Missed last year's event. Won't make the same mistake this year.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.