vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel Bug Hotels

Default Travel Bug Hotels

I wold like to caution people to use caution when removing TB's from a bug hotel, ESPECIALLY those near airports.

Bug hotels are great places for bugs to meet up with someone who can help the bug get closer to the owner's goal. And when someone puts a bug in an airport bug hotel, it's usually because the cacher knows that the bug needs to go some distance.

So... Please try and find out the bugs goal before you temove it from bug hotel. I know it would be easier if bug owners would attach a note specifying the bug's goal, but even when they don't we should try and help the bug on it's way. If a bug is in the Portland jetport, and the goal of the bug is to get to Florida, it doesn't help if someone grabs the bug and moves it to Augusta!

IMHO...

Welllllllllll, if it is Augusta, Georgia it would be ok
    ~ Beach Comber ~

hmmmmm.... sounds to me like you're trying to single somebody out....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I think that sometimes a post like this comes from a specific incident. I also think we can use it as a learning experience and as informational for new cachers who might not have thought about that. I for example never used to read the goals until after the grab and I haven't attached tags to to first two bugs. Thanks for this post.

There is also one thing that I have always tried to do and that is if the TB doesn't have the informational goal sheet with it is to just print out a new one and put that back with the TB. Now everyone knows what the TB's goal is before they take it the next time.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    There is also one thing that I have always tried to do and that is if the TB doesn't have the informational goal sheet with it is to just print out a new one and put that back with the TB. Now everyone knows what the TB's goal is before they take it the next time.
    yeah, I've picked one up at a TB hotel before that had an unclear goal once... **cough**bruce**cough**
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I, too, have made an effort to help TB's achieve their goal by adding information. I have gone so far as to laminate it and attach it to the TB in such a way that it won't separate from the item itself. I have also repaired some on occasion and am proud to say they left my hands in better shape than when I picked it up. I admit, I don't always take the time to do so now, but try hard to be aware of their mission. It is tough though without information attached. Since I don't cache with a laptop I am at the mercy of the TB itself to help me know what it wants.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    hmmmmm.... sounds to me like you're trying to single somebody out....
    No - I see this quite often. No particular cacher. And I repeat that it IS ANNOYING that bug owners list specific goals for their bugs, then don't bother to attach a tag letting people know what that goal is...

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Great idea! I do this myself sometimes.

Mainac1957 did a great job at one of the events where he printed a sheet for each of the TB's that was logged into the event.

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls
    I think that sometimes a post like this comes from a specific incident.
    No, I repeat that I see this quite often. No particular cacher or specific incident. Goto the listing for any bug hotel, click on "See the history" of the TB's that have been in the cache, and you'll see many entries that support my concern.