vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Bug Hotels

Not that it has a direct bearing to this thread, but I released my first official TB today in Bangor. I was going to set it loose in Waterville and hope that Haffy could snap a picture of it to post on-line, but I figured with the anniversary date of the Great Bangor Fire (April 30, 1911) it would make more sense to start it off there.

Incidentally, I not only attached a laminated sheet listing out its goals (to travel to areas with "Great Fires" and "Great Disasters" . . . I even listed out some specific areas such as Peshtigo, Wisconsin for example), but I also included a short history about the Bangor Ladder. All this made it a bit bulkier than most TBs I've seen, but I thought it would add to the TB experience.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    . . . I have gone so far as to laminate it and attach it to the TB in such a way that it won't separate from the item itself . . .
    I did this once as well . . . I need to do it more often though. It's sad to admit that I found and released two TBs lately that did not have their goals attached to them. I should have taken the time to print out their goals, laminate them and repackage them in baggies, but I didn't. Mea culpa. Next time. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I wold like to caution people to use caution when removing TB's from a bug hotel, ESPECIALLY those near airports.

Bug hotels are great places for bugs to meet up with someone who can help the bug get closer to the owner's goal. And when someone puts a bug in an airport bug hotel, it's usually because the cacher knows that the bug needs to go some distance.

So... Please try and find out the bugs goal before you temove it from bug hotel. I know it would be easier if bug owners would attach a note specifying the bug's goal, but even when they don't we should try and help the bug on it's way. If a bug is in the Portland jetport, and the goal of the bug is to get to Florida, it doesn't help if someone grabs the bug and moves it to Augusta!

IMHO...
    Hey Thanks for the input Bruce. I never really thought about that much. I thought that If I could help alittle that would be great but now that you mention it if it stayed there a bit longer would almost certainly find a cacher that would probably be going in that direction much farther

Again thanks