vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Sunday 23rd

Default Kayak Sunday 23rd

Okay, here is the plan... I think. Meet at the East Side Landing in Augusta at 11:00. Don't know where it is? Check out the parking coordinates for "MumsBee." That's where we'll put in. While some of us are shuttling cars to the Gardiner Landing the others can look for the cache. It's a multi, but doesn't take that long.
    We'll head to Hallowell. I think that's about an hour to an hour and a half. It's been a long time since I've done that and the tide may be with us or against us. At the Hallowell boat landing we can take a rest and meet anyone that wants to do a shorter trip. From there we'll continue to Bad Rock Cache just north of Gardiner. It's on an island. When we get to Gardiner, we can load the boats, look for the Gardiner Landing cache and head for FOOD (picking up the other cars along the way).
    I need to do some research to get the times down a little. I'm in Seattle right now and will be home late Thursday. Anyone able to help with the times? I highly recommend a wet suit and a skirt on your kayak. It will be cold if you land in the water!

Default kayak sunday

i would love to go but have to work at 3

Yay, a Sunday event! I might be able to make this one.

Tides for Augusta on Sunday the 23th:

6:45 am Low tide
    11:34am High tide
    7:26pm Low tide

Any time after around 10-10:30 am the tide should be almost slack, or going the right direction.

Default kayak sunday

karen will u take me?

I sure would like to go, but I need to finish my boat first! It's real close!

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998
    karen will u take me?
    Dave I think you will have to ask T2H on that one.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default I'm in !!

Karen since we are caching along the way. Are you going to make this an event? And list it on GC.com. I'm in for whatever we decide, espicially the FOOD thing.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Taking attendance?

If you're taking attendance, I'll be along for the flotillla. If my older son doesn't have work, he'd like to come along as well. See you Sunday!

Looks like PedalChick and I will be there

Karen

You might want to check the tides because that is tidal water and it looks like the river will be low during that time. High tide looks to be at 08:31 and low at 15:13. So if you leave at about 11 am you will be catching it is half way our. The waters are low this year. So I don’t know how this will be. We have put our kayaks in at Fort Western in Augusta and paddled to Gardiner a couple of times. That trip was less then one hour and that was taking our time and goofing off. The east side you are referring to is bellow Fort Western. This may be a shorter trip then you realize. I wish Tink and I could make this trip. But we have committed ourselves to her parents wedding anniversary dinner in New Hampshire.
    Blazing Troll