vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kayak Sunday 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Karen

I wish Tink and I could make this trip. But we have committed ourselves to her parents wedding anniversary dinner in New Hampshire.
    Now where are you priorities?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Karen

You might want to check the tides because that is tidal water and it looks like the river will be low during that time. High tide looks to be at 08:31 and low at 15:13. So if you leave at about 11 am you will be catching it is half way our.
    I've checked 2 on-line tide charts and high tide in Augusta is showing 11:34am on Sunday the 23rd.
    http://www.mobilegeographics.com:81/...month/272.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    I've checked 2 on-line tide charts and high tide in Augusta is showing 11:34am on Sunday the 23rd.
    http://www.mobilegeographics.com:81/...month/272.html
    That is quite a difference from the chart I looked at. Here is the chart I looked at http://www.maineharbors.com/aprbat06.htm. I know that there may be a little difference being up river but I don't think it is that much of a difference. I don't know which chart is right.
    Blazing Troll

Rick, that chart is for Bath, at the mouth of the river. The current pushes the tide, changing the times upriver. The 2 charts I looked up were corrected for Augusta. The further down the river you travel, the closer to the Bath times you get.
    (I can never figure out the tides when they give you Portland and say correct x.xx minutes for your position, I just try to find a chart for my exact spot)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Rick, that chart is for Bath, at the mouth of the river. The current pushes the tide, changing the times upriver. The 2 charts I looked up were corrected for Augusta. The further down the river you travel, the closer to the Bath times you get.
    (I can never figure out the tides when they give you Portland and say correct x.xx minutes for your position, I just try to find a chart for my exact spot)
    I was aware of that Andy. But I did not think there would be a 3 1/2 hour difference. I thought there was only a one hour difference that I read somewhere.
    Blazing Troll

Default I'm back

I'm back from Seattle. I keep threatening my son-in-law that I am going to move out there. People are so health oriented! And the scenery... my oh my.
    I checked on the Kennebec today at Low tide and it's very doable. There's about 5-6 miles of paddling from Augusta and half of that from Hallowell. Now, let's just hope for good weather!