vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help! GPS only holding 45 waypoints

Default help! GPS only holding 45 waypoints

any idea why? i have a garmin etrex vista c

Sue

Wait a minute you didn't get the Canadian version of the Garmin Etrex Vista C did you?

OK, sorry. Had to throw that one out there. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question . . . otherwise I would have offered a more meaningful and helpful answer.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Wait a minute you didn't get the Canadian version of the Garmin Etrex Vista C did you?

OK, sorry. Had to throw that one out there. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question . . . otherwise I would have offered a more meaningful and helpful answer.
    No J, if it was a Canadian version of a Garmin, it would be called a Magellan....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

and on a more serious note.... do you read the manual?? perhaps there is a section about storing waypoints??

you may have more waypoints in there than you realize. Try pressing Find, then Waypoints, then press menu, then Delete, then Alll Symbols. This should delete all of your waypoints and allow you to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    No J, if it was a Canadian version of a Garmin, it would be called a Magellan....
    You know I was going to try to beat you guys to the punch by making a Magellan joke, but I didn't want to deprive you of the great joy you derive from picking on me and my poor Magellan.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

You know I was going to try to beat you guys to the punch by making a Magellan joke, but I didn't want to deprive you of the great joy you derive from picking on me and my poor Magellan.
    there you go again... always thinking of others first...

well, there you go, ffjake; i always thought he was picking on me and my poor magellan.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    well, there you go, ffjake; i always thought he was picking on me and my poor magellan.
    I'm afraid we're in this together Becket.

Magellan users: The Few, The Proud, The ________ (here's where Hiram can inject some more humor.)

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz
    any idea why? i have a garmin etrex vista c

Sue
    Those may be just the nearest points. When you find waypoints or geocaches, you can find by name or find nearest. My suggestion: try the find option again then hit the menu key. See if Find By Name is at the top and if it is, choose that. You'll see an alphabetic list of all the waypoints.