vb:literal>

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: List you hotspots here

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    You can just Google Wifi hotspots in Maine and comeup with a pretty comprehensive list as well. All you would have to do is put the address in Google Earth for the coordinates.
    http://www.openwifispots.com/state_f..._Maine_ME.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Well, Google Earth didn't exist when we started this project! And if you Googled "WiFi hotspot" back then, you came up with darn few listings! LOL!

What ever floats your boat. (I'll keep up with the project because I said I would, and will continue until enough people say "Screw it - we don't need it". (You don't count...)
    I have a little issue with this. "Here we go gonna start another fight." Not all the locations that have been listed are free or what I would call free and clear.

For example...
    1. Bangor
    2. Hotel, Holiday Inn Bangor Odlin Road
    3. 404 Odlin Rd & 395 At Hermon
    4. 44.7899, -68.8111
    This location asks you to call the desk for a password. This is free if you are registered but not clear to access from the lot. I found this on several that I actually visited and logged on to. You will find this with many on those other sites and those listed here.

I was to understand that this list was a resource to stop in and do from the vehicle, so many listed have not been actually visited and tried.

The ones I listed I know work because I actually tried them.

Holiday Inn Odlin Rd. Bangor
    VIP Odlin Rd. Bangor

Do not fall into the free and clear category after being tested.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I have a little issue with this. "Here we go gonna start another fight." Not all the locations that have been listed are free or what I would call free and clear.

For example...
    1. Bangor
    2. Hotel, Holiday Inn Bangor Odlin Road
    3. 404 Odlin Rd & 395 At Hermon
    4. 44.7899, -68.8111
    This location asks you to call the desk for a password. This is free if you are registered but not clear to access from the lot. I found this on several that I actually visited and logged on to. You will find this with many on those other sites and those listed here.

I was to understand that this list was a resource to stop in and do from the vehicle, so many listed have not been actually visited and tried.

The ones I listed I know work because I actually tried them.

Holiday Inn Odlin Rd. Bangor
    VIP Odlin Rd. Bangor

Do not fall into the free and clear category after being tested.
    Some places from my list might not be free and for everybody, there is some margin of error
    Free WiFi spot is also in walk-in health care in Bangor, tested
    Moo

Hero's
    1. Bangor
    2. Arcade
    3. 268 Odlin Rd.
    4. N44 47.458 W68 48.612

Just go test them before listing them. Don't fall into the global warming syndrome. Using faulty data makes you look bad.

Motel 6
    1. Bangor
    2. Hotel
    3. 1100 Hammond St.
    4. N44 47.211 W68 48.978

Just go test them before listing them. Don't fall into the global warming syndrome. Using faulty data makes you look bad.
    And? You will never have 100% valid data since they are constantly changing.
    Moo

Staples
    1. Bangor
    2. Retail Store
    3. 1129 Union St.
    4. N44 49.151 W68 48.681

But, you will have first hand validation and therefore reliability. As it stands now two locations from your list have been tested and are not free and clear, which brings all data you submitted into question.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 12-03-2009 at 11:22 PM.

But, you will have first hand validation and therefore reliability. As it stands now two locations from your list have been tested and are not free and clear, which brings all data you submitted into question.
    I know, but it's a good start. It's better than nothing. It didn't take me more than two minutes to get them so I can't guarantee the quality.
    Moo

So, I'll post a bunch of locations that I find from other sources and list them as cache locations. When you go to look for them, taking your time and spending gas money, you can't find them because they are not there and may have changed since they were listed on the other sites. You have been sent on a wild goose chase. Tell me you wouldn't be mad.

Before you answer, remember we have seen your posts on caches that were a little off.