vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in circulation!!! YA!!

some people don't notice that the coins are trackable, the first coin i found i didnt know it was trackable until i got home... im more careful about what i pick up now, for the small trackables (without dog tags) they should really have some kind of container or attatchment so people know what they are.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Yes - especially coins (And Jeep TB's!)

Mea culpa on a Jeep . . . I took it, did the photo thing and then I temporarily lost it in my swag bag (about a bazillion pockets) before I got a reminder from Hiram asking about it . . . searched for it and I eventually released it. I now try to make a concerted effort to only take TBs when I can release them in a week or so and if I can help the TB achieve a goal or get closer to a goal.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

My first TB still hasn't moved from the cache . . . at least according to GC.com. I was kind of hoping someone would have taken it by now since the cache is a new one in Bangor and has been visited several times since I released it. Surely someone would like to see Firefighterjake's famous Travel Bug, The Bangor Ladder . . . it's educational and it took me a while to build.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    My first TB still hasn't moved from the cache . . . at least according to GC.com. I was kind of hoping someone would have taken it by now since the cache is a new one in Bangor and has been visited several times since I released it. Surely someone would like to see Firefighterjake's famous Travel Bug, The Bangor Ladder . . . it's educational and it took me a while to build.
    what's the goal of it??? (for some reason im picuturing the goal of your TB... "to travel to the most educational places in maine and to retrieve a 3 page single spaced proofread 12font report about it's journey and to get pictures of it helping people along the way...")

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    what's the goal of it??? (for some reason im picuturing the goal of your TB... "to travel to the most educational places in maine and to retrieve a 3 page single spaced proofread 12font report about it's journey and to get pictures of it helping people along the way...")
    Owww . . . I was laughing so much that I fell out of my chair and hint my head on my desk. That's great . . . all I can think is that you must think I'm something of a cross between Cliff Claven, Beakman and an English professor!

Incidentally, the goal is to travel to any areas that have experienced a "Great Fire" (i.e. Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, etc.) or fire disasters. It's a pretty easy mission since nearly every city of any size has experienced a great fire.

Owww . . . I was laughing so much that I fell out of my chair and hint my head on my desk. That's great . . . all I can think is that you must think I'm something of a cross between Cliff Claven, Beakman and an English professor!

Incidentally, the goal is to travel to any areas that have experienced a "Great Fire" (i.e. Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, etc.) or fire disasters. It's a pretty easy mission since nearly every city of any size has experienced a great fire.
    haha, hey i told ya, you remind me of wilson from "home improvement" you need to get a little fence with eyes behind it for your avatar...

My first TB still hasn't moved from the cache . . . at least according to GC.com. .
    I bet its gone. I noticed that when there is only one TB in a cache it doesn't seem to stay long. My missing TB was the only one in the cache and wasn't mentioned until it disapperared. My coin by the way was about the size of a silver dollar, glued in a plastic case and a dog tag attached. There was no question what it was to a cacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    haha, hey i told ya, you remind me of wilson from "home improvement" you need to get a little fence with eyes behind it for your avatar...
    And this is why I can never show my face at any geocaching event . . . because then the mysterious aura that surrounds me would be gone. Of course, I keep running into geocachers in the wild so some folks know what I look like . . . i.e. WhereRwe/Rulost2, noreasta, coolclay, TRF, Laughing Terry, Becket. Maybe I should start wearing a mask when I go geocaching . . . a mask like the Green Hornet or The Lone Ranger.

And this is why I can never show my face at any geocaching event . . . because then the mysterious aura that surrounds me would be gone. Of course, I keep running into geocachers in the wild so some folks know what I look like . . . i.e. WhereRwe/Rulost2, noreasta, coolclay, TRF, Laughing Terry, Becket. Maybe I should start wearing a mask when I go geocaching . . . a mask like the Green Hornet or The Lone Ranger.
    just make a little fence out of popsicle sticks that you can hold in front of your face when people come near...

omg you guys are tooooo funny
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"