vb:literal>

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in circulation!!! YA!!

Default Back in circulation!!! YA!!

The Boothbay Register TB (TBG1W6) is now back in circulation after a long absence from the geocaching scene. It can be found at Pine Island Cache GCQ1BB Thanks tjgreaton for playing fair and doing the right thing. This would be a great TB for someone to grab and take to the Mt. Agamenticus Event on the 29th of this month. (hint hint) The Bug belongs to WhereRWe? & RULOST2?? and I know they will be happy to see it in a cache again. Persistence pays off Bruce, LOL

Here is a little info on this Bug:

Current GOAL: To travel anywhere, but especially to visit other newspaper reporters and encourage stories about geocaching.
    About this item:
    On October 27, 2004, we were accompanied by a reporter from the Boothbay Register while on a geocaching trip in the Boothbay Harbor, Maine area. The reporter loved geocaching, found several of the caches we searched for, and provided this engraved pocket knife to be used as a travel bug commemorating the trip. We know that this is probably a desireable keepsake, but since the reporter wants to be able to track the bug's progress, please allow it to continue on it's way. Thanks!
    Last edited by Smitty & Co.; 04-21-2006 at 03:31 PM. Reason: ommission of words
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

And thanks to one of the Hiker Twins (Lynda) for helping to get it back on the road.

so whats the story behind the disapperance of the TB?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Question. I had a TB, our first, just disappear. It moved twice and was placed in a cache in NH in Feb. There it sat. There was no mention of the cache being muggled and the last several cachers didn't mention the TB until April 17 when one said it wasn't there. So maybe I shouldn't put out something nice. It was a Brunswick PD Community Policing coin. Looks like someone just took it and didn't log it. Do I just figure that those are the hazards of TB's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    so whats the story behind the disapperance of the TB?
    One cacher just picked it up from a cache and held onto it for 10 months. There has been a long line of emails and personal requests to get it released.

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls
    It was a Brunswick PD Community Policing coin. Looks like someone just took it and didn't log it. Do I just figure that those are the hazards of TB's?
    Yes - especially coins (And Jeep TB's!)

That stinks. And we originally were going to send out 4 of those. Guess it won't do me ant good to contact to 2 or 3 cachers that were there right after it was placed.

It can't hurt to contact a few of the cachers who were there after it was reported missing. Some people just don't get out to cache very often and it just might be that they forgot they had it. I emailed a person who had picked up a TB that I had specifically sent to Europe with our own CachenJacksons and they had picked it up and brought it back to the states after being at just one cache in Europe. It seems they had indeed lost in in transit from one hotel to another before it even got back here to the states. I usually put a watch on all TB's that I have had the privilege to get a hold of and I would say 50% to 75% of them are misssing in action. Just the chance you take I guess.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls
    That stinks. And we originally were going to send out 4 of those. Guess it won't do me ant good to contact to 2 or 3 cachers that were there right after it was placed.
    Try contacting the last cacher to have it before they said they placed it. I think some cachers grab TB's because they like the looks of them for one reason or another and then they say they place them into another cache, even though no other cacher has seen it in the cache. (same as lying in my book) If they don't answer your emails or they are undeliverable, then you can pretty much assume that they still have it.
    We released a coin a few months after we started caching and it made it to 2 caches before being "swiped" (88 miles total distance traveled) This cacher took his time to report "finding" it and logged that they would get it going soon, however, he also stated in this same log that his son was a coin collector and he really liked this coin. Needless to say, that coin never made it anywhere but to his son's collection. This cacher joined GC.com just days before this happened and has not been active since. My belief is that he joined just to be able to grab this coin, although he does have someone else's TB still in his possession, he only ever visited this one cache according to his GC.com profile. so he must have grabbed their bug and my coin in the same visit. I sent this man many emails and practically begged him to release the coin into another cache. Never heard a thing!! Finally my emails started coming back as "undeliverable" Go figure.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    Try contacting the last cacher to have it before they said they placed it. I think some cachers grab TB's because they like the looks of them for one reason or another and then they say they place them into another cache, even though no other cacher has seen it in the cache. (same as lying in my book)
    I did e-mail the couple of people who were to the cache afterwards but did that just today. I also just e-mailed one placed it. I see that s/he visited another cahe on the same day and logged that the TB was not in that cache.