Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Back in circulation!!! YA!!

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Burnham, Maine
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enfanTerrible
    Back in circulation? Not for long. I went to get it today and it wasn't there. If someone grabbed it, they did not sign the log.
    Darn.. You should see it....really, its a very nice keepsake and anyone, would be tempted. I had it in my hands for just a couple days and treated it as I would want one of my TB's to be treated and sent it along on its mission. (Not all cachers do this however) I've already sent an email to the visitors that got to the cache before you did and just after the guy that says he put it there, whom I also sent another email that bounced back. It may just be time to give up on this one......sheesh, I'm not even the owner of it.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    Darn.. You should see it....really, its a very nice keepsake and anyone, would be tempted. I had it in my hands for just a couple days and treated it as I would want one of my TB's to be treated and sent it along on its mission. (Not all cachers do this however) I've already sent an email to the visitors that got to the cache before you did and just after the guy that says he put it there, whom I also sent another email that bounced back. It may just be time to give up on this one......sheesh, I'm not even the owner of it.
    what was the TB???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Burnham, Maine
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    what was the TB???
    A very nice Swiss Army type pocketknife Engraved "Boothbay Register"
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    A very nice Swiss Army type pocketknife Engraved "Boothbay Register"
    yeah, i can see how that one would be tempting....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Auburn, Maine
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Couldn't they have at least left the tags?
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Well, we might just have to give up on the Boothbay Register TB.

    A cacher called tjgreaton from Wilton picked it up in June 05. One of the HikerTwins knows him, and has been trying to get him to release it. On April 21, he logged it into the Pine Island cache in Jay - although there was no mention of the TB in his cache log.

    After enfanTerrible went to the cache yesterday and found it missing, I checked with another cacher who logged the logged the cache on April 22. I've corresponded with him, and he says the TB was not in the cache on the 22d, the day after it was supposedly placed there.

    So...

    We have several conclusions:

    1. The TB was not placed in the cache by tjgreaton.
    2. Someone else stopped by and grabbed the TB.
    3. Since the cacher on April 22 was with a group of Boy Scouts, perhaps one of them grabbed it. (Being an Eagle Scout myself, I shudder to think that this would happen.)
    4. Perhaps the TB never existed to begin with, and we're all hallucinating.

    Sheesh!

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Well I too emailed the scout master and he said, Boy that TB must be really special cause I was the 4th person to contact him about it. I would suspect but this is just my thought, is that TJgreaton never put the TB into the cache to begin with but thats just speculation.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Well I too emailed the scout master and he said, Boy that TB must be really special cause I was the 4th person to contact him about it. I would suspect but this is just my thought, is that TJgreaton never put the TB into the cache to begin with but thats just speculation.
    We're thinking along the same lines...

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    We're thinking along the same lines...
    WOOO HOOO!!! IS IT TORCH AND PITCHFORK TIME!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Auburn, Maine
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    WOOO HOOO!!! IS IT TORCH AND PITCHFORK TIME!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
    Maybe not, but I admit I did check on eBay.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •