vb:literal>

Thread: Cito/ Earthday

Default Cito/ Earthday

Hope everyone took advantage of the day set aside to help your communities. Today was Bowdoinham Community Clean-Up. Two of FuddsGirls picks up trash along Maine St. We wore our CITO shirts from last year and got some questions and comments . Glad we got out...

I didn't have much time today but I went all the way to the top of West Pitch, way above where K-Goddess's cache is, and cleaned up there. I don't like tourists to see how the locals treat our environment. Unfortunately there is never a shortage of litter there. Last week I ran into a woodchuck with a Pepsi cup stuck on its head. Luckily is was a paper cup and it came off after a while.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Thumbs up The Maine Crew

Tat, kayakerinme and I were in Pelham NH today. We started the clean up on 150 acres, in the center of Pelham. They had removed 9 cars and countless tons of trash and junk. The effort will continue for months. It felt good to know we made a difference. We also saw Team Afrofish and the Hasbell crew. Thanks to all who got out today and made a difference.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I was maintaining my section of the Appalachian Trail today removing debris. Does that count?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I was maintaining my section of the Appalachian Trail today removing debris. Does that count?
    Better believe that counts!
    How bad was it this year Rick?
    A friend of mine hiked Bigalow this week and said she must have counted 100 blowdowns.

I picked up at least one piece of garbage from every cache i went too, (and even some garbage blowin around unity... america's enviormental school)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I had to drive to western New Hampshire and back yesterday, and didn't even get a chance to do any caching!

But I did note that a LOT of sections of the New Hampshire "Adopt-a-Highway" program were being cleaned.

Too bad we don't have a better program like that in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Better believe that counts!
    How bad was it this year Rick?
    A friend of mine hiked Bigalow this week and said she must have counted 100 blowdowns.
    I never reached my section. I had to stop less then a 1/4 mile from it because I hit snow. But the section I had to hike through did not look to bad. I am hoping mine is better though. I am scheduling another trip for 13 May. I did clean up some of the section I hiked through though.
    Blazing Troll