vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to Geocoins.... How much would you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I can not understand why someone would actually pay $2,175.00 for this coin. What is so special about it? Man I hope I can sell one of my coins for that much someday.
    Must be a hoax bid! Good point about the blocked out number though.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

As far a Moun10Bike being the owner. I can see how people would think that because he bought the coin and put it into circulation. But is he still the owner after he released it is the question?
    All travel Bugs have a webpage and the "owner" is listed on that page. However, when we start seeing dollar amounts such as what this coin is trying to fetch and the controversy surrounding it, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone try to take legal action to set a precedence in cases similar to this. Mark my words.....it will happen someday. Some folks can get REAL serious about the games they play.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Wow I have one of his coins of a different style that did not cost me a dime.
    Give ya $10 bucks for it LOL
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by enfanTerrible
    Must be a hoax bid!
    No - I don't think so. As I said previously, if you check out the winner, he has a history of buying geocoins, as well as a positive feedback score. And there were a total of 18 bids on the coin (10 bids before he jumped in at the $1,150 level), so it is very doubtful it's a hoax bid.

Perhaps it's solid gold and encrusted with diamonds!

Quote Originally Posted by bhansenme
    Without going into all the details, there are many who feel the coin is not this person's to sell. Using a recent example, how would you all feel if I decided to put up a firefighterjake ladder up on eBay? . . .
    Bidding for an original Firefighterjake signature item white ladder starts out at $500 . . . and the even rarer Hiram's Safety Orange ladder starts out at $750. Get these deals while they're hot. I figure there's at least one geocacher out there in Deer Isle who may pony up the money for the white ladder.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Someone wiser than me once said . . . (and I paraphrase here) . . . Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

As for me, I wouldn't pay a dollar for a geo-coin . . . but that's just me. It's not my thing. Ditto for the Beanie Baby craze that was going on a few years back . . . and whatever "must have" collection item is the latest rage or thing to own. However, if someone is willing to part with that much money . . . then bully for them and the seller.

Personally, I'm still toasting up cheese sandwiches, looking at pretzels and checking out my cat's coughed up hairballs in the hopes of finding an image of the Virgin Mary to put on e-bay . . . and then I'll be able to retire from here and geocache full-time.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Bidding for an original Firefighterjake signature item white ladder starts out at $500 . . . and the even rarer Hiram's Safety Orange ladder starts out at $750. Get these deals while they're hot. I figure there's at least one geocacher out there in Deer Isle who may pony up the money for the white ladder.

well...if i didn't have to have my roof completely rebuilt, maybe. but seriously, i would much rather find them.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Personally, I'm still toasting up cheese sandwiches, looking at pretzels and checking out my cat's coughed up hairballs in the hopes of finding an image of the Virgin Mary to put on e-bay . . . and then I'll be able to retire from here and geocache full-time.
    LOL this is toooooo funny! geez, i have to look around to see what i have with some kind of image on it - maybe i can retire and cache full-time! or at least get my roof repaired!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    well...if i didn't have to have my roof completely rebuilt, maybe. but seriously, i would much rather find them.
    In all seriousness I think this is how most folks would want to get a signature item or item of value . . . it's a much more satisfying way to get something when it's not just handed to you and you have to work to get it . . . this applies to signature items, geocoins, a house, car, toaster oven, etc. Of course if anyone wants to buy me a new Subaru WRX to replace my 1990 Celica beater . . .

The rest of us are clearly not maximizing the potential.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~