vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to Geocoins.... How much would you pay?

Default Addicted to Geocoins.... How much would you pay?

Check out this Moun10bike coin going on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=8408946587

A little bit too much??

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz
    Check out this Moun10bike coin going on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=8408946587

A little bit too much??
    You can guess my answer: Sheesh!

Unhappy Wow

Sounds to me like they are giving this guy some awful crap about selling it. Sounds like it's his to do with as he pleases. People are definitely taking this too serious.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Sounds to me like they are giving this guy some awful crap about selling it. Sounds like it's his to do with as he pleases. People are definitely taking this too serious.
    Yeah - and I checked out the current high bidder, who appears to be an active buyer of geocoins. It's his money...

Holy smokes!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Wow I have one of his coins of a different style that did not cost me a dime.
    Blazing Troll

I wonder why they would bother to add all of those silly notes. Harrassment almost always comes from other sellers who are jealous.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

I can not understand why someone would actually pay $2,175.00 for this coin. What is so special about it? Man I hope I can sell one of my coins for that much someday.
    Blazing Troll

Without going into all the details, there are many who feel the coin is not this person's to sell. Using a recent example, how would you all feel if I decided to put up a firefighterjake ladder up on eBay? Some of you wouldn't care; others of you would be mightily upset. What makes Moun10Bike coins that much worse is that the coin itself is "owned" by Moun10Bike. It'd be like me finding a great TB and rather than passing it on, wanting to sell off this really valuable (insert your item such as a Beanie Baby, Lego figure, etc) that's attached to the TB tag. Moun10Bike has indicated that any of his coins sold will be dead and archived as a trackable item on GC.com.

What gets people really steamed is the dollar amount that these go for. It's hard to put a price on these but folks will pay big bucks for an original.

The disclaimer here is that I have Moun10Bike V1 and V2 coins so maybe you should take my ramblings with a grain of salt.

Well I can only voice my opinion on this.

From what I understand is this guy was owed money from a friend and his friend gave him items that were to offset what he owed him to help offset the cost. It just so happens that in these items that this coin was.

First off if the guy that had possession of Moun10Bike’s coin and got it from a cache and as a travel bug he should have been moving it on so I am agree as to why others got upset about this guy trying to sell it. I think the guy that got it out of a cache should have at least went to a local cache and put it in there instead of giving it away. It sounds to me like this guy took it with no intentions of moving it along in the first place. This happens a lot in the caching community. I know people who do it and I am sure you all do too. I don’t agree with it but it happens. I don’t think it is right that this guy is selling it when it is suppose to be a travel bug. He should put it back into circulation.

As far a Moun10Bike being the owner. I can see how people would think that because he bought the coin and put it into circulation. But is he still the owner after he released it is the question? I don’t have the answer to that. But we all know when we put a signature item into a cache that people collect them and we all know the possibilities of someone taking your trackable coin to add to there signature collection is there also.

If the guy has nothing to hike he should have put the coin number on the photo that he was selling. I personally think he should not be selling the coin.

Now this coin must have been like close to coin #1 to fetch a closing bid of $2,175.00.
    Blazing Troll