vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Addicted to Geocoins.... How much would you pay?

If you leave an item in a container in the woods, the purpose of which is to trade things in and out of, you give up any claim of ownership to the item. I hope he gets $2K for it. Just MVHO.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    Give ya $10 bucks for it LOL
    Nope I am not going to get rid of this one. This is a special coin. It is a coin that was put together by four well know cachers that do coins. It is called "Coin Fusion". It just happens that Moun10Bike is one of those cachers. It is not trackable and it even says on the side of the coin "Property of the coin fusion project - not to be sold". So maybe this will be a good collectors item.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    Give ya $10 bucks for it LOL
    hey if the coin is $3000 you can trade him a VW beetle for it!! (and $2,990)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Nope I am not going to get rid of this one. This is a special coin. It is a coin that was put together by four well know cachers that do coins. It is called "Coin Fusion". It just happens that Moun10Bike is one of those cachers. It is not trackable and it even says on the side of the coin "Property of the coin fusion project - not to be sold". So maybe this will be a good collectors item.
    could it be traded for cash???

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Bidding for an original Firefighterjake signature item white ladder starts out at $500 . . . and the even rarer Hiram's Safety Orange ladder starts out at $750. Get these deals while they're hot. I figure there's at least one geocacher out there in Deer Isle who may pony up the money for the white ladder.
    I'm gunna put my Hiram ladder on e-bay and then im gunna retire in Hawaii!!!!! well.... maybe i could retire with a postcard that says hawaii on it... and get a job after i retire cuz the SS isn't bringin enough in... and it gets boring being retired all day so hey.. why not work...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Someone wiser than me once said . . . (and I paraphrase here) . . . Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

As for me, I wouldn't pay a dollar for a geo-coin . . . but that's just me. It's not my thing. Ditto for the Beanie Baby craze that was going on a few years back . . . and whatever "must have" collection item is the latest rage or thing to own. However, if someone is willing to part with that much money . . . then bully for them and the seller.

Personally, I'm still toasting up cheese sandwiches, looking at pretzels and checking out my cat's coughed up hairballs in the hopes of finding an image of the Virgin Mary to put on e-bay . . . and then I'll be able to retire from here and geocache full-time.
    i dont know about anything with the virigin mary in it... but i have an picture of the invisable man for sale!! i sold printing rights to a tabloid a few years back and those rights have just recently expired so... the rights to the pic and the pic itself are worth hundreds maybe even thousands of 1/2 pennies...

Well, the interesting thing I just found with about three minutes of research; Moun10Bike is (more like.. 'was') giving away his (near worthless back then, I’m quite sure) geo-coins as Xmas presents! Giving the benefit of doubt, it is (at least in theory) ‘possible’ that the geocacher may have gotten it as just that... A present. That lucky geocacher then turned around and used that $5.00 coin and used it to pay off a fairly large debt. We might frown upon it, but dang. Talk about 'caching' (ouch) a break!!

What's MOST scary? A $5.00 GeoCoin (not unlike the geocachingmaine.org coin) somehow gathers so much worth due to 'collectors' that it now commands these sort of prices! What the heck are geocachers becoming? Here I was, thinking that this was a GAME.

Heh. Now If I were Moun10Bike, I would order another small shipment each year, pop them up on e-bay and YEAH BABY, use the proceeds to retire and cache year full time. Think about it. $2,000 + per coin, 15 coins a year (hardly enough to over-saturate the market) and HELLO, that's $30,000 bucks! More than enough to buy a used but decent cache car, all the fuel you’ll need, and many a night spent in campgrounds. Each year, rince and REPEAT.

: )

P.S. Anyone know anyone that can do a good counterfeit on GeoCoins? LOL.