vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Story......

Wink

Yeah, you know the things you will do to try and save a life!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by lwa11
    Yeah, you know the things you will do to try and save a life!!! lol
    ohhhh, sorry i got the whole life/geocache confused... it happens...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Caching for Life!! Part 16

Frank froze in place and his muscles tightened with fear from the words he had just heard. He lurched forward and smashed the light to the ground!!! And he continued through to the body of the man behind the light. The two of them went crashing hard to the ground with a thud. Frank grabbed and punched at anything that was moving underneath him. He had control of the situation and searched for the man’s flashlight. He found it and put the light on his face, laying still with his face covered the man did not move but Frank knew it was not a cop and it was not a security guard that lay trapped beneath him. There was no fluid reaction from the man to defend himself from the attack which came as a surprise. A trained officer would have been ready or at least reacted to defend and not just to protect himself in the fashion of a turtle as this man had done. Frank swatted the hands from the mans’ face. He knew this face, he knew this man. It was Mike, aka Hiram357!!!! “What are you doing here!?!?” Frank asked. Hiram looked up but could not seem to speak or find the words. He appeared to still be in shock at the events that just happened so quickly. Frank glared at him as he continued to hold Hiram on the ground. “I was doing the same thing you were Frank!! Mission Impossible 2!!! The geocache!! Feels more like a mission at night!!” Hiram357 sputtered. Frank now was the one caught off guard as he did not expect that answer from Hiram, he didn’t know what he expected but a cache at night in the park was not it. The cops at the lighthouse were now beginning to fan out on the grounds of the park. Frank got off of Hiram and said they had to get out of there. Frank knew now that Hiram357 could bring him down by telling the cops he was here in the park. So he told Hiram they needed to get out of there and he would bring him to his car later. That they could continue the Mission after the officers left. It was the only thing Frank could think of at the moment. Hiram’s eyes lit up with the news. He knew Frank and he were just meant to be caching partners. Now he had the chance to prove his worth to Frank as he told him of a short cut out of the park. They hurried out of the park. Hiram did know a shorter and safer way out. They made it to Frank’s Explorer and he offered Hiram a ride as he had been nice enough to help him get out of the park. Plus he still needed to keep him quiet so the cops did not get hold of his name and start asking questions as now was not the time. He asked Hiram if he wanted to go to the donut shop down the road a few miles in the Millcreek area of South Portland. He agreed and off they went leaving Hiram’s vehicle behind. On the ride there Frank tried to figure out what exactly to do with Hiram357. Did he just go back and do “Mission Impossible” with him? Did he hurt him and get him out of the way? Did he tell him and try to get him to understand why he had to keep quiet? Frank was sorting all this out as they drove in silence away from the lighthouse. Mike looked at Frank and then began to speak, “LWA11, Frank, I know you were not there doing the cache hunt. Atleast not “Mission Impossible 2”, so why were the cops after you? You can trust me, I promise.” Frank started to press on the brakes of the Explorer as he turned towards Mike. “What are you talking about? I was their doing the same thing you were Hiram!!” Frank said. “No Frank you were not as I saw someone walking through the park and decided to follow them. It was you, I saw you break the window to get into the lighthouse. So don’t play games with me. I may not be strong but I am not weak of the mind LWA11!!” Mike was speaking with more confidence now than before. Frank pulled the Explorer off the road. “Mike look here is the deal. My wife has been taken. I am trying to get her back.” Mike looked at him stunned and shocked. He started to say something and then held back. Frank wanted to ask him what as he could see there was something Mike was keeping from him but right now it did not matter. “Mike, I need to get her back. The guy who took her has me doing cache hunts to get clues to that lead to her like a multi-cache. If I don’t do them exactly then he says he will kill her. Can you please promise to keep this quiet? Atleast till I find here? Please Hiram!!” Frank asked with a shaking voice. Mike didn’t say anything but just looked at Frank. Then Mike told Frank that he needed to help him and that should work together. He needed to help him get Anna back. He was good at these things, caches. He could be useful. Frank shook his head no but Mike persisted as he knew he needed to gain Frank’s trust. He wanted to be part of this as this would be the greatest cache hunt in history. He had to have apiece of it and it would be greater than nay first to find he had ever found. Frank looked at him and asked why he wanted to help and what he would be getting out of it. Mike debated on letting Frank in on a little secret that he had thus far kept from him. How would Frank react? He was just about ready to speak when Frank spoke first, “Hiram fine lets do this but you have to stay hidden and out of sight. Does that work for you?” “Yes, Frank it does. Now let’s go get our girl” Mike said. Frank looked at him but decided it was probably just Hiram being excited. He pulled out the envelope and opened it. Hiram smiled and he knew Frank had no idea why he was really smiling.

ohhhh cmon now! weak but strong minded! geeeeze i get no respect... and 1) i wouldnt have gotten plowed over that easy 2) a donut shop??? cmon man, if where in portland why not j's oyster bar? or sarahs, or grittys!! geeeze... 3) i wouldnt leave my jeep behind! especially in south portland at night (those cape elizibeth kids are always kickin around lookin for trouble) cmon man, the realism is fading away here... unlesss.... ah ha!! thats it! that's not the real Hiram! that's the evil clone hiram!! the real hiram is down in his jamacian battle fortress surrounded by piles of cash and beautiful that bring him Guinness whenever he wants!! yeah... that's it... this story rocks!!

What can I say Hiram....? I am a new at writing and caching!! lol

Soon to be a newbie at hiding a cache too. Might as well start with a micro or maybe a pico!!!

But where will dear Hiram in the story end up....what is he hiding? Oh time will tell...... I love the power of that.... I decide.... good or bad or mysterious. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lwa11
    What can I say Hiram....? I am a new at writing and caching!! lol

Soon to be a newbie at hiding a cache too. Might as well start with a micro or maybe a pico!!!

But where will dear Hiram in the story end up....what is he hiding? Oh time will tell...... I love the power of that.... I decide.... good or bad or mysterious. lol
    well it better be good, because if not i have an army of a million tree sloths at my disposal (as mentioned in a previous thread) ok would you believe a thousand tree sloths? would you beleive a hundred? how bout i throw chewd bubble gum at you???

i've got some clever micro ideas if ya need em... they're top secret though... http://www.hiramstopsecretmicrocache...lickonthis.com

Part 17 is on the web site now.

Part 18
    The Explorer pulled into the small parking lot at the head of the trail and Frank knew Hiram was a blessing as he would have still been looking for this with no time to be doing so. The sun was starting to rise and he needed to get out on that trail. They exited Explorer and Frank followed Hiram towards the trail and then down a steep set of wood and earthen stairs that seemed to take them down forever. Once they reached the bottom they turned on a flashlight and Hiram pointed out how close they were to the river. They would need to be careful as a wrong turn could lead to a very wet step!! They moved slowly down the trail as the sounds of the birds slowly started to increase with the rising of the sun. Ahead on the trail they saw something hanging in a tree. Frank took the lead now shoving past Hiram to get there and walked fast without the flashlight towards the tree. He could tell as he got close that it was a pair of jeans and they had something written on them, down each pant leg. He was right under them now but could not easily reach them. He looked around on the ground and found a stick; he hooked the pants and pulled them down. Hiram stood near but did not say anything as his heart began to race as he also read what was one the pants and knew who they belonged too. Frank grabbed the pants, held them up, and began to read. Down one leg it said “Why me?” and down the other “FRANK!!!” in capital letters. He looked closer and it was written in what appeared to be blood. He turned towards Hiram and showed him the pair of pants. They exchanged looks but not words and then Frank turned back towards the trail, slowly walking forward. He did not know what to make of the pants but knew he had to go forward. Did Anna think he was involved in this or did she even write that? Was it her blood? He was worried and just wanted to get on with it. They stumbled along in silence as the birds became louder and the World began to wake up. Hiram grabbed Frank’s shoulder and spun him around violently. Frank jumped and almost swung but saw Hiram was not even looking at him but looking up above them. Frank slowly looked up fearing what he would see next. It was Anna’s shirt and it was in tatters. Frank searched for another stick while Hiram just stared at the shirt as if it still had Anna within it. Frank grabbed a stick and swung at the shirt but could not get it. He decided to just leave it and move on but as he started to move down the path Hiram spoke softly to him, “Frank we can’t leave this here, uhm, you shouldn’t leave this here. Someone will wonder what it is and if there is blood or something on it then they will call the police. I am sure you do not want that. “Frank shook his head in agreement and looked for a longer stick. He was finally able to get the shirt down after about five minutes of effort. He picked it up and didn’t take the time to look at it but just moved on. Not more than 100 yards form the shirt was another object and this one was at eye level so it would not be missed!!! It was a bra, a Victoria Secret lace bra, the kind Anna loved and Frank just about fell to his knees as he was horrified at the thought of her nude somewhere and maybe even being hurt. He needed to find her, he had to find her, he was beginning to lose his focus, and just wanted to get to her. He snatched the bra and moved on a few steps before pausing. He turned towards Hiram who looked as white as a ghost and was wobbling. He fell to his knees and began to sob. Frank did not understand but did not have time for this kind of behavior. He told Hiram to get up and stop crying!! “Let’s go find this damn clue and go get Anna!!!” Those were the words Hiram was looking for apparently as he made his way back to his feet and urged Frank onward. Hiram knew he was gaining more and more of Frank’s trust and he needed every bit of it he could get. He wasn’t even sure it would be enough in the end. Frank was moving quickly now as you could see better with the sun becoming brighter. He noticed an object in the trees just off of the trail and moved towards it, closer and closer with each step. As he neared it his heart pounded and his anger rose as he recognized this piece of clothing as Anna’s panties, a silk thong also from Victoria’s Secrets. They were up in a tree that would have to be climbed in order to retrieve them. Frank did not stop and went to the lowest branch and tried to get up the tree. He tried to push with his legs to get more leverage but his knee gave out and he fell to the ground landing with a solid thud. Hiram checked on Frank and then walked to the tree and started to climb. He knew the way up this tree or so it seemed to Frank as Hiram was to the panties in seconds without much effort. Hiram tossed the panties down to Frank. And then pulled out an object, Frank could not see what it was as Hiram was still mostly turned away from him. He could tell it was dark and small but not much else. Hiram smiled as he slowly turned towards Frank who was still on the ground rubbing his knee with the panties a few feet away.

Frank stared at Hiram as he turned and then smiled when he saw the ammo container. He knew it held another clue and would get him closer to saving Anna. He struggled to his feet and stood under the tree as Hiram opened the container. He waited below anxiously and then Hiram dropped the envelope down to him. As Hiram replaced the cache container and began to climb back down Frank opened the letter and read it.

“Frank, do you have some new clothing to wear now? Hurry up my friend as Anna’s looks quite cold but mmmmm quite delicious too!!! So now it is time my friend for this to near its end. So Frank are you up to the task as you have been so many other times in your life or will you fail to someone you thought of as a lesser man? Time will soon tell!! So to get to this place you need to go back in time my friend. This is where we used to hang out and play sports in the day. Oh what a time it was Frank. Then you got to be the big man on campus and I didn’t matter anymore. DO you remember the place you lost your virginity Frank? You trusted me with that and that is where you may lose Anna!! We wait for you in this place…..will you get here in time? Who wins this game? My long lost friend!!! You will never forget me again as long as you live Frank. We are waiting. Hurry she is cold.”

Frank’s hands were trembling and he stood up without saying a word to the approaching Hiram. He turned, dropped the letter, and then began to run towards the Explorer at the end of the trail. His knee hurt and his heart pounded but he ignored it and kept going. Hiram grabbed the letter and ran after Frank calling to him to slow down but knew that was not going to happen. Frank fell ahead of Hiram as he tripped over a stump on the side of the trail. Hiram slowed as he saw Frank fall and tumble but surprisingly spring back to his feet as if it were a planned maneuver. Hiram noted the quickness and determination with which Frank was running. The light made it much easier to get out then it was to get in and the added adrenaline certainly helped Frank. They reached the Explorer and Frank was climbing in and started it up. Hiram reached the door an opened it and started to get in. Frank turned to him, “Hiram, thanks but you need to stay behind on this as I do not know what is going to happen next. I appreciate your help and we can hook up to do some real caching soon.” Hiram settled into the seat and closed the door ignoring Frank’s words. He turned to Frank and shrugged his shoulders as he said “I am in this LWA11, let us finish this together. Let’s go save her shall we!!”
    Frank decided arguing would only waste time. He started the Explorer and drove towards town as his mind raced over what he had read in the letter. He knew where he used to play those games and ofcourse he knew where he lost his virginity but he could not figure out who HE was and he wanted to know. He knew he needed to go back to his old neighborhood in the West End of Portland to the house he grew up in on the small side street off of Danforth Street. He knew exactly where to get but still tried to figure out what to expect. He only minutes away and he just did not know what to try and prepare for when he arrived. They neared the street and Frank parked at the top of it to not give away his arrival. He could see the house which was now even more dilapidated then when he lived in it, in fact it appeared to be boarded up from what he could tell. Frank had always been kind of embarrassed by the apartment building as a child. He never had friends come over or stay over as they would see too much for comfort. It dawned on him then that whoever this was that had Anna had to be someone from the neighborhood and the only one he trusted here was Eric. It couldn’t be him though as he just would never be able to do something like this and he hadn’t seen him in so many years. Why would Eric be so upset? Sure they drifted apart but that stuff happens. Frank decided to focus on how to get inside and soon enough he hoped he would have Anna safe and then they could worry about who had done this to them. Frank told Hiram that he thought it best that they go around back and sneak through the back yard to get in the house without being seen. Hiram agreed and they walked down Danforth Street the short distance to State Street and then headed down an alley towards the back of the apartment house on Tyng Street. The hole in the fence was still the same as it had been when Frank was a kid but just seemed a little smaller to him as he squeezed through it. As they neared the house Frank whispered to Hiram,”you really do not need to come in here. I can take it form here and you can go call the police.” Hiram shook his head in disapproval and motioned with his hand for them to go forward and then put his finger to his mouth to let Frank know he thought they should be quiet. In reality though Hiram just wanted to get inside before someone saw them outside sneaking around the apartment building and wondered what they were up too. It was a small neighborhood and likely had a bunch of nosey people. There would be enough attention soon enough but now was too soon. Frank neared the back door and had a feeling that he was being watched but did not see anyone in the windows as he scanned them and just decided that he was feeling paranoid. He reached the back door and found it to be slightly ajar and the boards that blocked the other entrances were laying on the ground by this one. He felt uneasy as he slowly opened the door with Hiram a step behind.

Eric watched from one of his many little cameras throughout the apartments. He knew this place very well from his childhood but now that he owned it he was sure he knew things even Frank would not know about it. The building was cheap since it was going to be torn down but he could not let those memories just go like that. He had to have a say in how they were destroyed and would not just let them be taken away, he would not let them be shattered like he had been so many years ago. And when he saw Frank at the store and Frank did not recognize him the pain resurfaced and an idea for the apartment building came to him. He thought maybe they could fix it up together but he didn’t even recognize him. He would pay for that now!! Mike coming to the store and looking at GPS units and complaining about a newbie using the name LWA11 helped form the plan currently unfolding. Mike, aka Hiram357, knew Anna from growing up just like he knew Frank. Anna and he had dated but she left for the bigger city and he stayed behind in the small town. He liked the life but could never get her out of his head. She was the love of his life. So when he saw the newest geocacher and looked closer at the name, he knew who it was and wanted to get closer. So they could be together forever, just like they had said back in high school. It could be true now. Eric and Mike talked for hours before the plan was hatched but here it was and they were about to finish it off. The web cams broadcast from each room gave him an edge on Frank!! He saw Frank slowly entering the rear of the building and smiled as he saw Hiram only a step behind. Thus far everything was going as planned. He swore he could hear Frank’s heart beating above him.

Frank took the first few steps cautiously as he looked around the hallway. He wasn’t sure where to look but then decided he would try the bedroom up stairs where he had lost his virginity. Slowly he walked up the stairs with Hiram only a few stairs below. His heart was beating fast and he was beginning to sweat from being anxious. He reached the landing of the second floor. He started to open the door. A sick feeling came to his stomach before he even entered the room. The door now open he could smell something odd but was unsure of what it was that was in the air. He took a few steps and saw that the floor was covered by something and it was obviously fresh as it was very wet. He turned to Hiram and shrugged his shoulders. Hiram said, “it smells like paint thinner to me but it doesn’t look like someone is going to be repainting these walls.” Frank recognized the smell after Hiram said what he thought it was and then looked around the room. The room was in bad shape with the walls torn apart and the floor had holes in the wood. The place was falling apart. They moved down the hallway slowly but not as slow as before as the thinner was strong and only get stronger as they pushed down the hall. Frank pushed open the door that used to be for his parents bedroom, the room was empty. He then came to the spare room which was also empty. He came to a closed door that led to his old room. He was feeling a little woozy from the paint fumes and he turned to let Hiram know this was his room but Hiram was gone. He wondered where he had gone but dismissed it quickly, too quickly, as Hiram had likely just needed fresh air. Frank slowly turned the handle and entered the room. As he pushed the door open he quickly realized this was different than the other rooms. This was part of where he was supposed to be and his heart sunk as he saw a bed and a large lump under a white sheet, as he neared the sheet tears welled in his eyes. The sheet was stained with blood, fresh blood. It was the size of a woman’s body. He knew it was her and fell to his knees shaking. He saw a knife on the floor that was covered in blood. He thought about picking it up but didn’t want to get his prints on it and implicate himself. He made his way back to his feet as anger started to take over. He had to find who killed his wife but he had to see her first. He had to give her one last kiss. To touch her skin one last time and then, then he could go get this bastard!!! He pulled the sheet back and froze as he saw her. He could not believe his eyes and shook his head to try and get the image to register, to make sure he was seeing what was really there and not some flashback to earlier in this sick game. The image remained the same as Frank was staring at Tracie. She lay before him naked and dead just as she was before. How did she get here and why? Frank heard a whoosh behind him as the room suddenly became filled with light!!! The thinner had been ignited and was traveling towards the room he was in!! He ran for the door and crashed through it. The flames shot out the doorway but did not follow him as he tumbled down the stairs. He landed down at the bottom with a thud and felt pain everywhere. Above he could see the fire reaching out of the room he was just in and the smoke was filling the hall slowly. He could feel the heat growing as well. He tried to get up but his foot was caught in a hole at the bottom of the stairs. He struggled to try and get it out. Where the hell was Hiram!!?? He could use his help now. He freed his leg and then heard screams coming from below him. He knew it was Anna!! She was alive and here!! Frank was hurting but he had to move as the heat was growing and he knew it was likely the fire was spreading. He stood and went around the corner to the door that led to the cellar. The screams were coming from down those stairs.