vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: How do you add italicized text to a GC.com hide listing?

Default RE: How do you add italicized text to a GC.com hide listing?

I recently sent in a new multi hide that incorporates various types of caches including a word puzzle to give folks coords. However, I requested that certain key words and phrases be italicized and it appears as though they are not . . . which will probably make solving this puzzle to get the first set of coords darn near impossible. Is there an easy way I can do this on-line myself or should I send GPSFun the words again and ask him to make sure they are in italics?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Make sure HTML is checked and use the syntax <i>text</i>. That may be the simpliest way

Default That's a tough one

You may need to have HTML knowledge to do what you want to do. Anyone...raise you hand....don't be shy.
    Happy Trails!

HTML. What is that? LOL.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    HTML. What is that? LOL.
    rick, duh.... its High Test Micro Line... so that you can go fishing for those fish with really good eyes that would otherwise see a normal fishing line, the micro line is a lot thinner and more durable... sheeesh do i gotta tell you everything?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    Make sure HTML is checked and use the syntax <i>text</i>. That may be the simpliest way
    I'll give this a try. Thanks Steve. When I originally sent in the text I did this and it didn't come through on the finished page for some reason. Maybe it will now though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Well I tried to add italics and it wouldn't work for me. I've sent GPSFun a request to either add the italics or instruct me how to do it. I apologize to anyone who has attempted to do this cache and couldn't do so due to the puzzle . . . although it appears as though Krazy Kamper was able to somehow figure out the coords to the first cache.

Jake, I got it to work for my listing Slipping into summer (2006). If you look at my event listing and the sentence "Come between noon and 1 pm and stay as long as you like". You can see it is italicized in the listing. It is not very good but it did work.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Well I tried to add italics and it wouldn't work for me. I've sent GPSFun a request to either add the italics or instruct me how to do it. I apologize to anyone who has attempted to do this cache and couldn't do so due to the puzzle . . . although it appears as though Krazy Kamper was able to somehow figure out the coords to the first cache.
    And that's probably all anyone else is going to be able to figure out with those great coordinates you got with that Magellan of yours....... Sorry Jake, just had to rub it in a little
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    And that's probably all anyone else is going to be able to figure out with those great coordinates you got with that Magellan of yours....... Sorry Jake, just had to rub it in a little
    OK, OK . . . I deserve it on this one. Sorry about the issues . . . with coords way off (I checked these coords numerous times even!), a puzzle without key words in italics (I think Steve has set me straight on this though) and a puzzle that leads you back to the first stage (obviously I mixed something up there.) I'll be fixing this cache in the next day or two.

For the record I still don't think it was the Magellan . . . I'm going to blame this one on operator error.