vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiram's GSAK headache of the week! (uhh day)

Default Hiram's GSAK headache of the week! (uhh day)

ok, i've got the new Delorme Street Atlas 2006 and i just got the updated GSAK..... i want to export my caches to SA, SA wants to import a file type *.saf but GSAK doesn't seem to have a way to generate *.saf.... it will only make a text file for Delorme.... is there another way to do this which is eluding my thought process??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

ok, i figured it out... it wasn't that hard for a person with a mental caliber as magnifikant as mine.... but now........ i put the waypoint max character as 10... and i import the file... and the whole map is overcrowded with the full names of the caches!! whats up with that!?!?!?!

I haven't played around with Street Atlas 2006 but it sounds like the program is using GSAK's "Cache description format" as the cache name. You can probably shorten the name in the GSAK export by changing the codes it uses for export. More info on this is in the GSAK Help under "Special Tags". There may also be a setting in SA2006 but I can't help you there.

Just looked at it a bit closer and if you are using the Delorme Export function in GSAK there is a box in the export screen that says "You can build the waypoint name using tags (see help)" and you will notice a %name in the box. If you change that to %code it will use the GCxxxx code. You can also customize your own waypoint name by adding tags like %typ1 for cache type (T for traditional, M for multi...) or %dif1/%ter1 which will give you numeric codes like 1/1 to 5/5 for difficulty and terrain.

Zoom in on the map and they will become less obtrusive.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Zoom in on the map and they will become less obtrusive.
    ??? What will become less obtrusive?

What I mean't was the names will be more spread out with less of them on the map so you can tell where they are.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I've been playing with delorme 2006 and the earthmate gps it came with (package deal at staples $89) and i friggen love it!! its great, and it saves a lot of hassle that i had with hooking up my handheld gps with all the connectors and power cables and setting it up everytime i went to do a cache... with this it's one cord, one program, turn it on, and go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I've been playing with delorme 2006 and the earthmate gps it came with (package deal at staples $89) and i friggen love it!! its great, and it saves a lot of hassle that i had with hooking up my handheld gps with all the connectors and power cables and setting it up everytime i went to do a cache... with this it's one cord, one program, turn it on, and go!!
    Sheesh! You like simple things? I'll even bet you've got a Mac!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! You like simple things? I'll even bet you've got a Mac!
    dude, i've got a dell! actually 2 of them... well 1 and 1/4, the desktop i've rebuilt so many times i think the only thing dell about it is the power supply. and i've got a dell laptop.

but the delorme is nice and simple though, which makes it nice for driving down the road.