vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mars Hill Blades

Smile Mars Hill Blades

I just saw another chain of wind blades go around the corner near where I work. I'm still listening on my scanner as they make their way across Bangor. I've heard that there are 42 that came in by boat to Searsport in route, two at a time by tractor trailer (125 feet long) to Mars Hill. Boy, those are huge! I can't wait to see that in operation when it's done. Does anyone have any more information or links that I can find out more?

How about these:

http://www.bangornews.com/news/templates/?a=132464
    http://www.bangornews.com/news/templates/?a=131302

We visited a big wind farm on Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec - where they have 133 turbines - and can attest to the fact that they are an impressive sight!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    I just saw another chain of wind blades go around the corner near where I work. I'm still listening on my scanner as they make their way across Bangor. I've heard that there are 42 that came in by boat to Searsport in route, two at a time by tractor trailer (125 feet long) to Mars Hill. Boy, those are huge! I can't wait to see that in operation when it's done. Does anyone have any more information or links that I can find out more?
    I think you going to wish when it is all done that they never came. These things are humongous. They will ruin the scenery and the views of what Maine once was. They sound neat and everything like that. But I have seen them, up close in CA and they are not a pretty site.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I think you going to wish when it is all done that they never came. These things are humongous. They will ruin the scenery and the views of what Maine once was. They sound neat and everything like that. But I have seen them, up close in CA and they are not a pretty site.

Rick you are so right! Unfortunately, as I spend more of my day working just to pay for a gallon of gas so I can go back to work the following day it makes me realize that life is full of compromises. Wind generators may not be the answer but it's at least its a step in diminishing our use of pricely oil.

Speaking of unsightly, there is now a cell phone toward in the middle of Palermo. I now have great cell phone coverage that was non-existent a month ago but we did give up the view. After all, this was one of Gov. Baldacci's promises, too improve cell phone coverage for the state of Maine. Gov. Bacdacci, a man with a mandate.. Progress without impact, a fantasy that I have too.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    Sheesh! The blades were made in BRAZIL???

Gotta agree with Steve on this one Rick . . . and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally I think we'll be seeing more folks giving a long hard look at windpower, solar and wave power in the near future if oil prices continue to be at the record high levels that they are now.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! The blades were made in BRAZIL???
    Yes, manufactured in Brazil.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    Rick you are so right! Unfortunately, as I spend more of my day working just to pay for a gallon of gas so I can go back to work the following day it makes me realize that life is full of compromises. Wind generators may not be the answer but it's at least its a step in diminishing our use of pricely oil.

Speaking of unsightly, there is now a cell phone toward in the middle of Palermo. I now have great cell phone coverage that was non-existent a month ago but we did give up the view. After all, this was one of Gov. Baldacci's promises, too improve cell phone coverage for the state of Maine. Gov. Bacdacci, a man with a mandate.. Progress without impact, a fantasy that I have too.
    hey i got a great idea! lets build condos up around mooshead lake and well take the profits and put them towards protecting the natural habitats of maine!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    hey i got a great idea! lets build condos up around mooshead lake and well take the profits and put them towards protecting the natural habitats of maine!!!

Great idea,,,not only that lets increase taxes for the residence of Maine so we can create a 6 lane road going up there so the folks from out of state can enjoy those condos.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to rent a condo 'cause I'm gonna have to get a third job to pay taxes AND gas.