vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you trying to get more people?

Default Are you trying to get more people?

When I mentioned that you can drop TB's off to me at the MPBN auction, someone wrote that we should talk about Geocaching Maine on the air as a way to get more members. If that is truly a goal, then you guys should consider a donation for next year! In about 2 weeks Sandy Dunlap will start to look for items for next year. It has to be an item worth $60.00 or a group of identical items with a total value of $60.00. You can write your own 45-second copy if you want. Some things to donate might be a daypack with caching necessities; a new GPS-r; 6 1-year premium memberships to this site; or geocoins. The rest of us could chip in a little toward the cause, or have a fundraiser to do get money for it. The next auction is a year away so there is plenty of time!

I have introduced my boss at the radio station to geocaching. He found two micros (and screamed his head off both times, so we will be working on THAT! ) Anyway, does the Boothbay register TB qualify for radio as well as print?
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by enfanTerrible
    When I mentioned that you can drop TB's off to me at the MPBN auction, someone wrote that we should talk about Geocaching Maine on the air as a way to get more members. If that is truly a goal, then you guys should consider a donation for next year! In about 2 weeks Sandy Dunlap will start to look for items for next year. It has to be an item worth $60.00 or a group of identical items with a total value of $60.00. You can write your own 45-second copy if you want. Some things to donate might be a daypack with caching necessities; a new GPS-r; 6 1-year premium memberships to this site; or geocoins. The rest of us could chip in a little toward the cause, or have a fundraiser to do get money for it. The next auction is a year away so there is plenty of time!

I have introduced my boss at the radio station to geocaching. He found two micros (and screamed his head off both times, so we will be working on THAT! ) Anyway, does the Boothbay register TB qualify for radio as well as print?

We always encourage new geocachers!!!! The more the merrier!!! GeocachingMaine is an informal organization but I would help promote it by helping anyway I can.

Happy Caching!!!!!

Anyway, does the Boothbay register TB qualify for radio as well as print?
    I'm not the "owner" of this bug but I'll step out on a limb here and say probably......yes!!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Anyway, does the Boothbay register TB qualify for radio as well as print?
    Not sure what you mean...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Not sure what you mean...
    I'm guessing she means media coverage for the bug.
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

I emailed them to make sure. The instructions say to travel anywhere and especially to meet newspaper reporters, but I bet a radio reporter would be ok too, in a pinch. Only one problem - my child is grown and I don't got grandkids! So I need a family with one or more kids to go caching with, within 30 miles of Lewiston-Auburn. I'd bring a cassette deck and tape the hunt, then maybe sit around and ask a few questions. Does anyone know anyone????

I emailed them to make sure. The instructions say to travel anywhere and especially to meet newspaper reporters, but I bet a radio reporter would be ok too, in a pinch.
    I responded in the affirmative.

. . . Only one problem - my child is grown and I don't got grandkids! So I need a family with one or more kids to go caching with, within 30 miles of Lewiston-Auburn. I'd bring a cassette deck and tape the hunt, then maybe sit around and ask a few questions. Does anyone know anyone????
    You could always bring Hiram and his inner child along for an interview . . . it may be a bit like interviewing Robin Williams and Sybil though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Well, the TB is once again MIA. We'll do the story anyway!

Well, the TB is once again MIA.
    Have Fun & Be Safe!