vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graduating from Thomas College

Ah I remember my college graduation with fond memories. New England College always holds Commencement on Mother's Day and in honor of the big day I opted to have a buddy of mine give me a buzz cut . . . I looked like a fuzzy cue ball with glasses. Needless to say, Mom was not overly thrilled with the new look.

I received an award that day -- Parent's Award or something like that -- although to tell you the truth I can't remember what it was for -- graduating summa cum laude or my activities on campus or something. Who knows.

What I do remember most vividly though was our Commencement speaker -- Geena Davis, the actress. It turns out that Geena attended NEC for a year or so before she transferred to another school. I don't recall much about her speech -- something about smoking dope on the covered bridge -- but I do remember gazing up at her (she's wicked tall) when I went up to receive my degree.

Ah, those memories of so long ago. . . . of course I conveniently forget the studying, reports, tests, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Ah I remember my college graduation with fond memories. New England College always holds Commencement on Mother's Day and in honor of the big day I opted to have a buddy of mine give me a buzz cut . . . I looked like a fuzzy cue ball with glasses. Needless to say, Mom was not overly thrilled with the new look.

I received an award that day -- Parent's Award or something like that -- although to tell you the truth I can't remember what it was for -- graduating summa cum laude or my activities on campus or something. Who knows.

What I do remember most vividly though was our Commencement speaker -- Geena Davis, the actress. It turns out that Geena attended NEC for a year or so before she transferred to another school. I don't recall much about her speech -- something about smoking dope on the covered bridge -- but I do remember gazing up at her (she's wicked tall) when I went up to receive my degree.

Ah, those memories of so long ago. . . . of course I conveniently forget the studying, reports, tests, etc.
    well i'd say that you have a much better memory than most of us...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    well i'd say that you have a much better memory than most of us...
    I didn't drink much in college or . . . uh . . . do other things.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Oh I would beg to differ. There are plenty of jobs . . . just not good jobs. There's McDonalds ringing the register, the traffic control guys at the road tarring site, blueberry rakers . . .
    I meant jobs in the information tech field.

Hey! Apply at T-Mobile! With benefits, the starting wage tops out at about 34k per year - not too shabby!

Tmobile is starting to be a bit more agressive, ive been seeing more and more of them at the US Cell and Verizon sites i go to (and yes they all have the same network and they all use the same towers... so dont gimme that verizon has the better network crap.... if ya want good service buy a good phone, remember ya get what ya pay for...)

Tmobile is starting to be a bit more agressive, ive been seeing more and more of them at the US Cell and Verizon sites i go to (and yes they all have the same network and they all use the same towers... so dont gimme that verizon has the better network crap.... if ya want good service buy a good phone, remember ya get what ya pay for...)

This could explain why my Maine cell phone -- a tin can with the 5-inch piece of string duct taped to the top -- gets such lousy reception even when I'm right next to the antenna.

This could explain why my Maine cell phone -- a tin can with the 5-inch piece of string duct taped to the top -- gets such lousy reception even when I'm right next to the antenna.
    yeah, get a new phone, the networks are just about all the same ( i personally think USCell is better in maine though then verizon, cingular is a close third) even some of the equipment is the same, ya cant be stingy when it comes to technology.

yeah, get a new phone, the networks are just about all the same ( i personally think USCell is better in maine though then verizon, cingular is a close third) even some of the equipment is the same, ya cant be stingy when it comes to technology.
    If the truth be told . . . I don't even have a cell phone. My wife has one for emergencies . . . and neither of us know the number to it.