vb:literal>

Thread: The GPS camera

Hybrid View

Default The GPS camera

Must have equipment for those who absolutely must be able to prove where they were when taking a picture. Would have been useful for virtual caches...LOL The GPSr Camera

Happy Caching!!!

heh, yeah, note the fine print... the camera is not a gps, you gotta connect a gps to the camerea "Price for the GPS-Interface Kit (w/o camera and/or Garmin GPS): about $380" uhhh... no thanks, i'll stick to holding my gps in front of the camera...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I don't think this is new to just Kodak. Being interested in photography I have seen lately that a lot of the newer high end DSLR cameras are also including into their EXIF data ,GPS coordinates. It will surely make it easier when downloading photos to tell where the photo was taken if your memory is as bad as mine is.......
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

So you're probably sitting there wondering, "Why would I want to bother with GPS coordinates on my photos?" You might want to check this linkfor a few ideas: http://www.robogeo.com/home/

They have products that link photos based on time stamp of the photo to a position in a Garmin GPS track log. This is done after you return home and download the photos and the log to your PC.

WOW! I'll try it out as soon as I can. This would sure help me a lot if it works.