Thread: The 2nd Annual Penobscot River Clean-up

Default The 2nd Annual Penobscot River Clean-up

The 2nd Annual Penobscot River Clean-up
    by mainiac1957 [profile]

N 44° 47.264 W 068° 45.350
    UTM: 19T E 519315 N 4959399

Hidden: 5/20/2006

[font=Verdana]
    (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)

Difficulty: Terrain:

This is the second planned clean up of the Penobscot River and it's feeder streams. Last year was a huge success with close to 8000 pounds collected during the 4 hour clean up.
    Once again this will be an effort of Maine Geocachers to do some serious CITO on the banks of the Penobscot River and feeder streams in the City of Brewer Maine All interested can meet at the posted coordinates at 8:00AM on 5-20-06 for coffee and donuts. Equipment will be handed out and then we will be directed to our designated area to begin clean up at 9:00.The clean up goes until around 1:00. From 2:00 to 4:00PM that afternoon we will regroup at the starting point for a catered picnic lunch to show recognition for our efforts. This will be a wonderful opportunity to give to a community. Many projects are under way to add parks and walking trails along the river. A complete article about this happening was in the Bangor Daily News on page B-4 on 4-15-05. Please come and show what geocachers can do to give back to the environment and the community.
    Blazing Troll

Default CITO Shirt Order

I wanted to repeat this one last time....

Hi all Once again this year I am willing to order CITO shirts for anyone interested. I have the upcoming event planned2nd Annual Penobscot River Clean-up. As some of you knew I order a CITO shirt for anyone who wanted one. I am looking to do the same again this year. Buying them in quantity will save us on shipping, The shirts are $7.00 up to size XL and $10.00 for larger sizes. There are children's sizes available too. If you add a dollar for shipping it will come out about right. The cut off for you to be included on my order will be May the 6th. If you would like to have a 2006 CITO shirt for the clean up event or just to have then e-mail or PM me and I'll send you my address to send me a check. I have to have these prepaid. Last year I ordered some on good faith and I still have some in sizes that I don't wear. These are nice looking shirts this year so don't miss out. When they sell out they are gone. OK let me know .
    Happy Trails!

Exclamation Last Call

I will be ordering shirts for those who heve requested them tomorrow morning. If anyone else is interested please let me know by tonight. Thanks
    Happy Trails!

Brad,
    is there a raindate for this??? I haven't checked the weather reports today, but i've seen some say sprinkles (no big deal) and others say rain.
    Also, I may not be able to make it, I've got another cold (4th since December), but I think John is still planning on going regardless.

Unhappy Nope

No rain date this year. That John better show to represent the Beans.
    Happy Trails!

Thumbs up

We still plan to be there.

Looks like RULOST2? and I will be there. Tat is going to have our new geocaching shirts, so we have to come! LOL!