vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin 60CS Compass problem

Question Garmin 60CS Compass problem

It seems like everytime I go out the compass screws up and I have to recalibrate. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, is there a solution.

Thanks.

I think that's been discussed here before, and someone will be able to answer your question.

I have a 76CS. We did discuss the compass being recalibrated for me but it doesn't need to be done all the time, just do it when I change the batteries and even then isn't always necessary. Did you contact Garmin by e-mail?

I Haven't contact garmin but I did find an interesting thread on geocaching.com

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...&f=11&t=128345

I wonder if the batteries could be a problem (I use NiMH recharable batteries).
    I have used these for a while and can't remember if regular batteries made any difference.

We have always and only used NiHM rechargeables, and don't have the compass problem. There is a setting on the gpsr for these or regular though.

I wouldn't think batteries would be the problem but there is a setting for the type of battery that you do use though. I think that would only have to do with power consumption and not calibration or the compass.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Well I am glad it is perhaps probably not the batteries as I rather like them.

I recently started using rechargable batteries, and when I did start using them in my GPS (Garmin 72) It wasn't as stable, it was always bouncing around, I didn't think anything of it until I ran out of rechargable batteries and bought a pack of duracells (the one's the proffesionals use) and lo and behold, my accuracy and stability was back, the GPS wasn't jumping all around, and it had a faster reaction time when I was moving... I don't know what the batteries have to do with the function of the unit (i too am a non beleiver of the concept) but I've been playing around with them for the last 2 weeks and I am noticing differences.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Interesting.

I just emailed Garmin about the problem and asked about batteries.
    I will let you know what they say. Although in my experience, tech support often seems to somehow not see most of what is asked in a email. Perhaps garmin is different.

Default Batteries

I have always used alkaline batteries with my 60cs and haven't had any problems except the occasional quirky behavior with heavy tree cover...much more noticeable lately for some reason. This past weekend I had more problems than previous to that. I have also noticed when I unplug my Garmin from the truck I have a problem with the compass settling down and I have to recalibrate.