vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do We Have a Convert???

Default Do We Have a Convert???

RULOST2? and I met Noreasta and friend at the Brier's Beach cache in Unity today. His friend had a new Garmin eTrex Legend CX, and we discussed the capabilities of that, the Garmin 60c that I have, and the other new Garmin "X" series GPSrs. Noreasta - who uses a Magellan - was impressed by the maping ability of my 60C. And after discussing the obviously higher sensitivity of the Garmin GPSrs with the new SiRF chip, he's talking about going Garmin with a 60csx! RULOST2? - recognizing my frustration lately with poor reception - has already decided that we need a new 60csx as well!

Any other Magellan owners out there need convincing?

(Have to admit, Noreasta has a nice Garmin Street Pilot on his dash...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?

Nah . . . I enjoy wandering around in circles and creating caches with waypoints so far off that people wonder how in the world they are going to be able to do a multi with one waypoint in Unity and another in Concord, New Hampshire in one day.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Nah . . . I enjoy wandering around in circles and creating caches with waypoints so far off that people wonder how in the world they are going to be able to do a multi with one waypoint in Unity and another in Concord, New Hampshire in one day.
    yeah, i'm not going to convert any time soon. i don't mind walking around, hunting in the wrong places. and i have jake beat, my cache was 400 miles off nantucket.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

when are you magellan users going to cache on??? the magellans don't even use the GPS satelites, they pinpoint their positions from other radio frequencies like 98.5 and radio control cars.... geeeze and the proof is in the pudding when it comes to durability!!! read my post from today when i did the "Burnham Junction" cache!!!! its a doozy
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

well, it was great to chat today with WhereRWe? today, however with all the tips and help he gave me, i have to say that I am not a magellan user but a Garmin Map76 user but with an older version of four years old, and WhereRWe? has convinced me that i need to get the newer version of either the 60cs or the Garmin Map 76 Cxs.. new chip, so yes i guess i am going to be a converter in a way , converting to a new garmin cxs series.. with more options etc.. thanks for the help..

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    when are you magellan users going to cache on??? the magellans don't even use the GPS satelites, they pinpoint their positions from other radio frequencies like 98.5 and radio control cars.... geeeze and the proof is in the pudding when it comes to durability!!! read my post from today when i did the "Burnham Junction" cache!!!! its a doozy
    I read your log when it came through my e-mail . . . Wow . . . what an adventure. Glad things turned out well for you in the end.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by noreasta
    well, it was great to chat today with WhereRWe? today, however with all the tips and help he gave me, i have to say that I am not a magellan user but a Garmin Map76 user but with an older version of four years old, and WhereRWe? has convinced me that i need to get the newer version of either the 60cs or the Garmin Map 76 Cxs.. new chip, so yes i guess i am going to be a converter in a way , converting to a new garmin cxs series.. with more options etc.. thanks for the help..
    Well you know Steve I was thinking you had a Garmin . . . at least that's what I remember seeing when I interviewed you way back when . . . but then I thought, "Well I am a Magellan user, so I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I read your log when it came through my e-mail . . . Wow . . . what an adventure. Glad things turned out well for you in the end.
    how did it end up going through your email?? I'm glad it turned out well too! I couldn't beleive it still worked after the beating it's taken!! and there's plenty of other times that my GPS has taken a whack, and it has the scars to prove it!!! I'll probably never buy anything other than a Garmin (unless it's to try out a new one, but I've tried out many a GPS and I've always been impressed by Garmin)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by noreasta
    i have to say that I am not a magellan user but a Garmin Map76 user but with an older version of four years old,
    Oops. I didn't look that closely - and thought that you had said Magellan.

But RULOST2? and I have been talking, and since we now have DSL and a wireless network, the next toy we purchase will be a new TiVo.

(But we WILL have the new GPSr before we go on vacation end of June!)

Talking Who??

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    RULOST2? and I met Noreasta and friend at the Brier's Beach cache in Unity today. His friend had a new Garmin eTrex Legend CX, and we discussed the capabilities of that, the Garmin 60c that I have, and the other new Garmin "X" series GPSrs. Noreasta - who uses a Magellan - was impressed by the maping ability of my 60C. And after discussing the obviously higher sensitivity of the Garmin GPSrs with the new SiRF chip, he's talking about going Garmin with a 60csx! RULOST2? - recognizing my frustration lately with poor reception - has already decided that we need a new 60csx as well!

(Have to admit, Noreasta has a nice Garmin Street Pilot on his dash...)
    I think it's more a Bruce than Teresa need!! LOL!!