vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do We Have a Convert???

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    I think it's more a Bruce than Teresa need!! LOL!!
    No, she'll be a lot happier because - as the usual keeper of the GPSr - Ill do a whole lot LESS fussing! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    how did it end up going through your email?? I'm glad it turned out well too! I couldn't beleive it still worked after the beating it's taken!! and there's plenty of other times that my GPS has taken a whack, and it has the scars to prove it!!! I'll probably never buy anything other than a Garmin (unless it's to try out a new one, but I've tried out many a GPS and I've always been impressed by Garmin)
    That's one of the caches I have on my "watch list" since I dropped off one of my signature ladders and to my knowledge it's still there since I haven't seen anyone log that they've removed it yet.

Incidentally, I've got to "defend" my Magellan here some too . . . I can't tell you the number of times I've dropped it on rocks, cement, etc. (I can't help it since I'm a certified klutz -- really I have a certificate) and it has done pretty well other than some minor scratches on the screen that I can live with for now. I've never tried drowning it though so I can't speak to how well it would do . . . or not do.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Oops. I didn't look that closely - and thought that you had said Magellan.

But RULOST2? and I have been talking, and since we now have DSL and a wireless network, the next toy we purchase will be a new TiVo.

(But we WILL have the new GPSr before we go on vacation end of June!)
    Bruce . . . gotta tell you that I have Tivo and absolutely love it. It's so much better than a VCR . . . I only wish I could get it to tape broadcast shows.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Bruce . . . gotta tell you that I have Tivo and absolutely love it. It's so much better than a VCR . . . I only wish I could get it to tape broadcast shows.
    I've had TiVo for 5 years or so and also LOVE it. But I hate paying for those nasty update calls (I use a number in Augusta). We keep it unplugged from the phone lines until we've got 2-3 days of data left. Otherwise it would call every day at about $1 per call.

Although you can get a network card and wireless interface for the Version 1 TiVo, the new versions already have a network card, and you just need the wireless adapter to connect it to the wireless network.

And TiVo just released a new model that will allow you to record 2 shows at once! Reason enough to upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I've had TiVo for 5 years or so and also LOVE it. But I hate paying for those nasty update calls (I use a number in Augusta). We keep it unplugged from the phone lines until we've got 2-3 days of data left. Otherwise it would call every day at about $1 per call.

Although you can get a network card and wireless interface for the Version 1 TiVo, the new versions already have a network card, and you just need the wireless adapter to connect it to the wireless network.

And TiVo just released a new model that will allow you to record 2 shows at once! Reason enough to upgrade!
    I must have one of the newer models because for the past couple of months I have been able to do just that . . . record two shows at once. Much easier to record than using a VCR . . . and the digital quality is outstanding. All in all it was a very decent gift from my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I only wish I could get it to tape broadcast shows.
    Just noticed this comment...

We can record broadcast shows because we get network feeds from DirecTV - not over the air. We get ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox stations from New York - apparently because we live in an electromagnetic dead zone where we can't reliably get the local stations. They cost something like $1.50 a month each, but are worth it.

Post Dvr

I have DVR through the cable company and love it. I record most shows and watch them later, even the same night but zip through the commercials. A half-hour show in 20 minutes....one-hour show in about 40 minutes. More time for other things.

Default Dvr

We do this as well....but I must say I love the fact that I can have an instant replay of interesting moments during the Nascar race, hockey game, etc. Very useful!

TV is pointless... go geocaching...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Talking A few

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    TV is pointless... go geocaching...
    I've done a few geocaches. TV gives me something to do while I enjoy my Gritty's...and the remote feels just like my gpsr. I'm right at home!!