vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information You Can Use

Default Information You Can Use

This may come in handy someday if you have remote door unlock on your car.

Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are home, call someone on your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Default OK now I'm locked out of....

Well it did not work for me and now I'm locked out of my car!!! But hey what the heck I have my gps so I'll mark the location of the keys/car and go hit the near by cache until the spare keys show up.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

and what if your cell phone is locked in your trunk, along with your spare keys (see ballfield cache in hampden)
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Default No really so...?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    This may come in handy someday if you have remote door unlock on your car.

Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are home, call someone on your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
    I'd post something here but this link provides so much more... http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/phonelocks.html

Smile Keyless

Of course, if you have keyless entry you can lock your keys in anytime and even leave the car/truck running.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    I'd post something here but this link provides so much more... http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/phonelocks.html
    Thanks Barry for clarifying that. A chain letter was all it was how funny. Look how easy it is for people to believe things they read on the internet and pas them along.
    Blazing Troll

I heard that Bill Gates is trying out this feature for addition to the new Vista O/S--he will pay you $100 for each lock you open remotely with your cell phone. If you'd like to get in on this, please enter your Visa number, expiration date and SSN here:

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    Sheesh! I didn't expect to get to get blown out of the water THAT fast! I thought I'd get at least a few "Hey! That's great" comments! LOL!

J/K Bruce! An employee at school recently mass-mailed the "Bill Gates" letter to the whole district and got in trouble for misusing the network so it is kinda "top of mind". Hard to belive folks still fall for that one. I admit that I had not heard of the cell phone email until today--it does seem plausible until you considre that remote entry is via infrared (old) or RF and there is no way it could travel via cell.

my key is broke in the ignition! Any cool ideas on how to get the short half out? It is way down in there!