vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And so I gave up...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I recently got an external antenna and it does get better signals.
    (But you look silly with it attached to the metal button on top on your hat.)

And I wear it defiantly!
    Now Bruce - don't be so harsh on yourself. You didn't look out of place at all with that antennae on top of your head at the event!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

[QUOTE=becket]

and that's what i like about you! LOL
    LOL!

Before I ordered the external antenna, I asked BRDAD what he thought about it. He said to go for it, and suggested that I get an Army helmet liner to mount it on. I intended to have it ready for the Mt. Agammm?? event, so I got one, but the helmet liner turned out to be a cheap plastic kid's thing.

You will see me DEFIANTLY wearing my helmet liner with antenna in the future! LOL!

I've noticed the WAAS sat on & off for the pase few weeks & wondered the same thing.. Considering it's in a test mode then how accurate do ya suppose the data is?? Do the airlines rely on this?? can they over-ride the data link?? can we??
    trudge..trudge..trudge..YAAAHHHHhhhhh..splat..
    guess they moved that cliff a half mile or so...

..JW..
    --... ...-- de N1MLF Echolink #21843

We were out yesterday doing a couple of caches and I had the same problem...20ft from cache and then suddenly 100ft from cache. I know I can't move that fast!! But that's been a problem recently even without tree cover but much more exaggerated in tree cover. I have the 60cs and the garmin vista and they both do it so I think there is something else going on.

I've had a lot of trouble lately with my 60c as well. We even gave up on one cache recently because we could not get it to within 100 feet.

(I'll smack the first person who says to get a Magellan!!!)
    I have one I'll give ya !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    We were out yesterday doing a couple of caches and I had the same problem...20ft from cache and then suddenly 100ft from cache. I know I can't move that fast!! But that's been a problem recently even without tree cover but much more exaggerated in tree cover. I have the 60cs and the garmin vista and they both do it so I think there is something else going on.
    It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!!!
    OOPS - did I "say that out loud"? hehehehehe
    ~ Beach Comber ~