vb:literal>

Thread: Cachemate error

Hybrid View

Default Cachemate error

When I do a search for the nearest cache, I get an error message. It says "An error or user cancel was encountered while building the nearest cache list." Any ideas why? Thanks!

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz
    When I do a search for the nearest cache, I get an error message. It says "An error or user cancel was encountered while building the nearest cache list." Any ideas why? Thanks!

Sue
    Nope. Never happened to me - and I use this function a lot.

Sue
    Was this the first time you tried this or has it been working before?

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    Was this the first time you tried this or has it been working before?
    First time I have tried it, actually the 1st time I've had it out caching was last weekend.

Maybe I will uninstall cachemate and reinstall it on the Palm to see if that helps.

First time I have tried it, actually the 1st time I've had it out caching was last weekend.

Maybe I will uninstall cachemate and reinstall it on the Palm to see if that helps.
    Does this just happen when doing a "nearest cache" build? Do you have base coordinates already entered, or do you have the TDA connected to your GPSr?

I just tried nearest cache on my PDA using several parameters, and had no problem...

Aha! Then you most likely need to install the mathlib.prc that was part of the zip file. The distance calculations are dependent on this being installed on your Palm as well as the cachemate.prc. This is included in the cachemate zip file. I think you also need to install the distancecalc.prc as well but I'd have to read the documentation again to remember for sure

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    Aha! Then you most likely need to install the mathlib.prc that was part of the zip file. The distance calculations are dependent on this being installed on your Palm as well as the cachemate.prc. This is included in the cachemate zip file. I think you also need to install the distancecalc.prc as well but I'd have to read the documentation again to remember for sure

Ah Holmes...I think you may have solved the riddle?! I installed both along with cachemate so have never left home without them.

Sue
    I've never had that happen either so don't know why it's happening to you.