vb:literal>

Thread: Maine Labrador Retriever Breeders

Default Maine Labrador Retriever Breeders

We recently lost our geocaching companion (10 year-old black lab) and are in the process of looking for a new puppy. We have a couple of leads on breeders that may have Labrador Retriever puppies available this spring, but we don't have any personal knowledge about the breeders or their dogs. Anybody here have any positive experiences or suggestions on where to look for Labrador Retrievers?

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Anybody here have any positive experiences or suggestions on where to look for Labrador Retrievers?
    Labrador?

You might want to try here: http://weskeagkennels.tripod.com/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Labrador?
    omg!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    You might want to try here: http://weskeagkennels.tripod.com/
    Thanks for the lead. We will probably look into this one a little further. The bitch of the current litter actually shares her name with our dog. Maybe it is fate that we get a puppy from there.

Do you know anything about this kennel or thier dogs?

I'm sorry I don't, I just Googled and this came up.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

http://www.petfinder.com

This is a terrific search site to find any type of pet. You enter in what you are looking for and lots of dogs or pets in need of homes is right in front of you. You can search locally, regionally or nationally. You can put in an age range and size. There are lots of shetlers in the database.

We know this is a terrific search site because this is where we found our Moxie.

Good luck finder the right dog for your family. They sure are great family members.

The kennel which was suggested to you is excellent. They raise very versitile dogs (hunting, tracking, etc.). They did belong to the same Kennel Club which I am a life member of. Although web sites are a way to find dogs - if you are getting a puppy, and praticularly a pure bred - I like to know the breeder and find someone who would stand behind the dog. If this kennel does not have or isn't going to have puppies, I would suggest they could give you the names of some excellent breeders in this state and Canada. Just my opinion. Good luck in your search. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Thanks for everyone's input. We did contact Weskeag in our search for a new lab and would have been interested in one of their dogs, but unfortunately they don't have any current pups or upcoming litters and we don't want to wait until fall for a new pup. We found a kennel in Buxton which has a few labs available and were impressed by the temperament of their adult dogs. We heard good things about this breeder from another breeder who we contacted, but didn't have any pups either. After meeting with them this past weekend we decided to get one of their dogs. We pick up our new little puppy on Friday.