vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maine Gold

d’76 Guest

Default Maine Gold

If any one from the Southern part of the state (Bath) knows this person could you please find out anything that you could about there intentions in the game. I recently found the Maine Gold cache at Fort Knox and was very dissappointed to find that the cache was absolutly destroyed. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-a451151b9c38 This "cache" is in a very nice spot and the spot deserves better. For long over a year now the cache has been reported damaged. At first it was a bit damp, then soggy and now impossible to do anything with and infact is now just litter at a historic site. I almost citoed it but decided against it. I have emailed the owner and posted a needs maintance and sent an email off to GPSfun. The email to GPSfun was not to do anything about it but to make him aware of the situation.

Thanks for any input

Default Too bad...

The second cache had really nice view. When I did it, the owner was quick to respond and kept maps to the second cache in the first cache.

Default Not a multi?

I just noticed that most people seem to think this is a regular cache and are ignoring the second (final) cache. That may be another reason to either archive it or let someone adopt it. If anyone is interested in adopting it, I will do my best to find out the coords for the second cache. The second cache is more likely to be in good shape because it is very well hidden out of the wondering eyes of muggles.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    I just noticed that most people seem to think this is a regular cache and are ignoring the second (final) cache. That may be another reason to either archive it or let someone adopt it. If anyone is interested in adopting it, I will do my best to find out the coords for the second cache. The second cache is more likely to be in good shape because it is very well hidden out of the wondering eyes of muggles.
    Brad might be adopting if the owner doesnt wasnt it anymore. I didnt do the second leg of it either because I did nt think the first half was worth the second half

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Brad might be adopting if the owner doesnt wasnt it anymore. I didnt do the second leg of it either because I did nt think the first half was worth the second half
    The second cache more than makes up for the first!

d’76 Guest

The second cache more than makes up for the first!
    I still have the final coords in my GPSr when I go do one of the other caches that appear to be right in top of that one I will grab it

i did this cache on oct 28, 04 and there were no coords or instructions to a second part.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I remember doing that cache a year or so ago and found the coordinates and map for the second leg in the cache container. It seemed like a pseudo-multi since they actually have different GC numbers - that makes it possible to do only the first, without the second. I have had the intention to return and do the second portion, but haven't made it to date. Maybe this will be the year.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    I remember doing that cache a year or so ago and found the coordinates and map for the second leg in the cache container. It seemed like a pseudo-multi since they actually have different GC numbers - that makes it possible to do only the first, without the second. I have had the intention to return and do the second portion, but haven't made it to date. Maybe this will be the year.

Do you still have the waypoint (GC number) for the second cache? I was so sure it was a true multi, but the two caches are so far apart, it didn't seem like it should have been a multi. But, my memory is way too old!

P.s. If I do remember right, it is right on top of Andy's Mt. Waldo cache.

I don't have it anymore, but I remember thinking it was odd that it was set up that way.
    ~ Beach Comber ~