vb:literal>

Thread: Welcome to Canadians!

Default Welcome to Canadians!

Our newest member - NewfDawg-NS - is from Nova Scotia, and since I know we also had a New Brunswicker at our "Beer & Wings" event, I'd like to welcome all Canadians to our group.

We love geocaching in Canada. We've made 2 trips to New Brunswick and one to Quebec, and are planning a 2-week trip to Nova Scotia this summer.

Interestingly enough, NewfDawg-NS is from the Annapolis Valley, where my Grandmother was from. She also mentioned their local geocaching site - maritimegeocaching.com, and I've added a link below and to the links page.

http://www.maritimegeocaching.com/index2.html

Welcome aboard! We're glad you joined us.

Forest_Nymph
    Sylvia

Default Welcome!!

How exciting to have become a group with international friends! Hope to get to the New Brunswick area this year - it is on my "list of things to do in 2005".

Happy caching!

A big thanks for the welcome! It only made sense to me to join the American group closest to where I live, so that I can plan a great summer vacation....

I've enjoyed reading the posts here, and continue to read them, gathering great new ideas along the way.
    We're busy up here, readying ourselves for our first Cache Placement Weekend, a rivalry of sorts between the three maritime provinces to have the most new caches listed on Superbowl weekend. There are many numbers being bandied about, but it is possible we could have as many as 150 new caches in one weekend alone! That willl make for great new territory to cover if any of you are heading to the maritimes over the summer....
    The snowstorms have made the cache placements a challenge, but as always, we Canadians are a hardy bunch....

If anyone is wondering about my name, it is a referance to my geocaching partner Murphy, a big ole' Newfoundland Dog, he loves the hunt (but he has to stay home during bear hunting season )

Again, thanks for the welcome....I hope to make it across the border sometime this year.....

Kelly
    Newfdawg

PS.....Maybe Cache Placement Weekend could be an international event some year....

Thumbs up Welcome aboard!!

We've done some caching in Ontario and plan to do some in New Brunswick this summer. EGSG has mentioned some great caches across the border from Calais not to mention the many caches in Maine near that area. Nice to have you a part of our friendly community.

Thumbs up Welcome

Glad to have one of our neighbors to the north join us. Love to travel across the border when I can. Keep us informed of what's new, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    We've done some caching in Ontario and plan to do some in New Brunswick this summer. EGSG has mentioned some great caches across the border from Calais not to mention the many caches in Maine near that area. Nice to have you a part of our friendly community.
    We've done a lot of the caches between St. George and St. John, and they are worth the trip. I especially liked the new Irving Nature Park near St. John. It's a peninsula - almost an island - that has great trails and 4-5 caches.

If you get to St. John, the "Paris Crew" multiple cache is a must.

Smile Welcome to our newest member

Welcome to our newest members TY.Den. Den is a new Canadian member and her husband (our nephew) just left with the 152nd Maine Guard Unit out of Augusta. Now we will have a reason to get up to the Limestone area and get all those caches and keep Den busy while she is waiting for Ty to come home.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Den!

Welcome aboard. When I was showing dogs it was always great to venture across the border for the CN shows. I must say the hospitality I have seen is second to none. Again - welcome!