vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saco River Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Nerd
    I'm interested, but have no way to get my canoe there and must be back on the road heading toward Portland by 2:30 or so.

Is anyone planning to leave the area by 2:30 - that has space on their boat that I could tag along?

Bird Nerd
    Stacie
    I'm afraid I can't help you at all Bird Nerd . . . but I did want to welcome you to the Geocachingmaine.org forum. If you have questions, someone here probably has the answer . . . and not just necessarily geocaching questions!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Nerd
    I'm interested, but have no way to get my canoe there and must be back on the road heading toward Portland by 2:30 or so.

Is anyone planning to leave the area by 2:30 - that has space on their boat that I could tag along?

Bird Nerd
    Stacie
    I wish I could help you Bird Nerd. But I am brining a kayak. The wife may or may not come depending on how her foot is. She had surgery last week. If she does not come I will have a extra kayak for someone to use. I made the offer to Haffy first though. I will let everyone know as soon as she knows if she is coming, She really wants to come though. I have a canoe I can bring for someone to use but you will have to find life vest to use because I do not have any extra.
    Blazing Troll

I can put your boat on my car, and bring it back to you on Sunday, if that helps. You could bring your car and leave on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    ...will have to find life vest to use because I do not have any extra.

I have an extra vest if anyone needs one.

What is the plan of attack. It looks like rain Saturday morning. So are we canceling this trip?
    Blazing Troll

I like a little rain, so I'm inclined to go rain or shine. As long as we don't get the severe weather they are getting right now, it should be ok.

Tomorrow: A steady rain early. Showers with perhaps a rumble of thunder developing in the afternoon. High 69F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall possibly over one inch.

I am heading to work in about 2 hours. Unless the weather changed tonight when I get home Tink and I will not make this trip. We do not want to be paddling in rain and thunder.
    Blazing Troll

Default rain or shine

Barry and I are still planning on going, rain or shine. The chances of severe weather hitting right on top of us is remote.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Tomorrow: A steady rain early. Showers with perhaps a rumble of thunder developing in the afternoon. High 69F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall possibly over one inch.

I am heading to work in about 2 hours. Unless the weather changed tonight when I get home Tink and I will not make this trip. We do not want to be paddling in rain and thunder.
    Did you get this from the Saco River Weather Bureau?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default while we're there

Since it just happens to be on the route, and I'll have my kayak. I will be attempting a retrieval of the " real " cache at Super Duper Underwater H2O Cache. Wish me luck.